Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Polar Bear
Burns BHM
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 342 times

Re: My Bass Rig

Post by Polar Bear »

The current Rumbles are killer, hard to beat at the new price point, let alone what you paid for it!
Zephyr - Wellington's Leading Covers Band

http://zephyrband.co.nz/
https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrBandNZ

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Post by Single coil »

GrantB wrote:It’s like having Kim Dotcom hanging from your neck.

I think the body might be mahogany. But yeah, heavy.
Could well be walnut. Only ever picked up one or two of the flash old 80s Ibanez jobbies but MAN they were heavy.
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 352 times

Post by WellyBlues »

Could be Ash. The early 80s Blazers were. What's the serial number? Might be on the backplate. The Blazers had a letter which represented the month and then 2 digits for the year, the the production unit number. Months were A to L, i.e. 1-12. So K is November.
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

WellyBlues wrote:Could be Ash. The early 80s Blazers were. What's the serial number? Might be on the backplate. The Blazers had a letter which represented the month and then 2 digits for the year, the the production unit number. Months were A to L, i.e. 1-12. So K is November.
Yes, it could be Ash actually. Will have a look at serial at end of week. So easy to play - ridiculous.

EDIT:

Mahogany it seems.

"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves