Fender
Fender
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 422 times
Been liked: 94 times

Re: Anyone like bass guitars?

Post by opsguy »

TmcB wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:26 pm
opsguy wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:51 pm Nice BG.

I have been spending some time on bass, decided to learn how to play when I was stuck in Melbourne. Needed a break from guitar. Back in Melbourne now. Other basses are hidden.....900w Darkglass amp and stack, cause you need that in an apartment.
Sandberg VM4.

Neighbours hate me.

77C3838B-D5F0-446D-AE79-E2D960D89142.jpeg
HOT DAMN

I WANT ALL THAT STUFF!!!

Love those Sandbergs. Is that the Alpha/Omega DG?
Yep, AO Head. Wasted on me really but sounds nice and easy to use. Darkglass stuff is reasonably priced in Aust compared with NZ. The Sandbergs are great value too, plays great and about 1k less than an American professional p bass in NZ.

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by mrmofo »

the TC Electronics class D Bass amp is pretty good.

must admit.
There are still some that think the neck PU is moved to accommodate the extra frets which only proves they cannot detect the difference in length of each.

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 283 times

Post by Kev77 »

Anything Markbass is solid
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

so... I've hit 95% playing Rio. With a mere 10 wrong notes.

Not sure I can speed up further, without doing the three finger plucking. Is this something I should be aiming for? I had planned to do this at some stage but, my two finger technique is solid (oh-err) just not quick enough :(

Should I just concentrate on my two digit speed? (no jb, don't explode)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 351 times

Post by WellyBlues »

Bg wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:47 pm so... I've hit 95% playing Rio. With a mere 10 wrong notes.

Not sure I can speed up further, without doing the three finger plucking. Is this something I should be aiming for? I had planned to do this at some stage but, my two finger technique is solid (oh-err) just not quick enough :(

Should I just concentrate on my two digit speed? (no jb, don't explode)
Are you using Rocksmith or something?
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Of course, I’ve been using it as a learning tool for years
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by WellyBlues »

Cool, was curious as to whether it actually works from a learning perspective or was a gimmick. Sounds like it works.
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

smallface
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 270 times
Been liked: 221 times

Post by smallface »

I struggle with the 3 finger plucking to be honest. That bass line goes along at a clip doesn't it? :)
I climbed on the back of a giant albatross which flew through a crack in the cloud to a place where happiness reigned all year round and music played ever so loudly

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

WellyBlues wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:11 pm Cool, was curious as to whether it actually works from a learning perspective or was a gimmick. Sounds like it works.
Only as good as the underlying tabs, but mostly they are excellent. Even the custom user built ones.

I don't play with the tones provided, I split my signal (used to use an aby but now just send a signal from my helix). So it gets a nice clean signal, and I use what patch I want from the helix, or direct to amp/bass amp.

Being able to slow everything right down but have a visual representation of the tab is great once you get used to it.

Its worth mentioning that I got 105% at full speed for Rio on guitar a few years back ;)

But the bassline, does run at a clip.... I'm determined to master the bloody thing.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

I know, syncopation.

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by Rog »

BG, I used to use ONLY 1 plucking finger per string as a practice tool. It taught me a lot. Try it sometime - feels weird at first, then become natural.
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Just going to leave this here...

Had a run through on Lead earlier as well.
rio.png
rio.png (552.25 KiB) Viewed 6263 times

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

I think the best part of Rocksmith, is that I used to use things like Amazing Slow Downer and tab, or Guitar Pro and that has its uses, don't get me wrong, but Rocksmith combines the tab element in a visual format along with the actual songs (whereas guitar pro even with the soundfonts etc, just sound so fucking cheesy)

Sure I could just find a decent tab, and play along with a metronome. But where is the fun in that?

And long gone are the days when I can pick everything out by ear. I can spot mistakes still on tab, even on some pro level stuff but I don't want to have to do it all from scratch, only so many years I have left in my life.

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by WellyBlues »

might have to give it a go. i'm sure there's an unused xbox around here

edit: I see there is a PC edition

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

WellyBlues wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:39 pm might have to give it a go. i'm sure there's an unused xbox around here

edit: I see there is a PC edition
oh shit yeah, Ive no experience with anything other than the pc version.

There is a thriving community for custom songs, which is why my attention has been captured.
https://ignition4.customsforge.com/

there's usually between 25-50 new songs tabbed per day. Usual tab sources have been paywalled or fucked for the last few years....