synchromesh
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Bass effects!

Post by synchromesh »

foal30 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:22 pm Anyone tried Darkglass? Rob has the Harmonic Booster up on Tard Me...hmmm.
Dare I mention the Demonfx clone of the B7K Ultra? It's a helluva lot cheaper than the real thing... And here's the clone of the Harmonic Booster.

I haven't tried either, but I'd love to get my hands on a Strandberg bass which has the Darkglass Tone Capsule EQ/preamp.

hercules
Squier
Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 254 times

Post by hercules »

foal30 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:22 pm Anyone tried Darkglass? Rob has the Harmonic Booster up on Tard Me...hmmm.
I have used a few Darkglass pedals over the years and they're generally the best in their class - and if you're into heavy drive, IMO. Subtle they ain't. I do regret selling my Vintage Microtubes, that was very good.

The harmonic booster sounds interesting - did you go for it?

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 946 times

Post by foal30 »

synchromesh wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:47 pm
Dare I mention the Demonfx clone of the B7K Ultra? It's a helluva lot cheaper than the real thing... And here's the clone of the Harmonic Booster.

I haven't tried either, but I'd love to get my hands on a Strandberg bass which has the Darkglass Tone Capsule EQ/preamp.
Thanks for the links

EBMM have a Dark Ray which has Darkglass electrics onboard
Genuine Old Frontier Gibberish

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by foal30 »

hercules wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:07 pm
I have used a few Darkglass pedals over the years and they're generally the best in their class - and if you're into heavy drive, IMO. Subtle they ain't. I do regret selling my Vintage Microtubes, that was very good.

The harmonic booster sounds interesting - did you go for it?
No I didn’t but I am a dithering buyer (and even worse seller) at the best of times

I was thinking it would be good with my Passive Basses and a point of difference to the Sadowsky which is awesome with a Jazz Bass. I’ve had one since the 90’s a great piece of kit

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by foal30 »

I have had a whirl on a DG distortion pedal but was a bit much for me I’m more of a gentle OD guy. I can’t remember what it was called but pretty sure it wasn’t Vintage Microbas

hercules
Squier
Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 254 times

Post by hercules »

foal30 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:14 pm I have had a whirl on a DG distortion pedal but was a bit much for me I’m more of a gentle OD guy. I can’t remember what it was called but pretty sure it wasn’t Vintage Microbas
Likely to be a B3K. Great for heavy but yeah, I feel you. Quite a few people recommend Aguilar for light OD but I never quite gelled with mine; their solid-state stuff has this dry, unflattering feel (to me).

I have one of these on the way, which I hope will fill my 'always on' drive sound with a very clean Markbass: https://origineffects.com/product/bassr ... r-vintage/

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by foal30 »

hercules wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:04 am
foal30 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:14 pm I have had a whirl on a DG distortion pedal but was a bit much for me I’m more of a gentle OD guy. I can’t remember what it was called but pretty sure it wasn’t Vintage Microbas
Likely to be a B3K. Great for heavy but yeah, I feel you. Quite a few people recommend Aguilar for light OD but I never quite gelled with mine; their solid-state stuff has this dry, unflattering feel (to me).

I have one of these on the way, which I hope will fill my 'always on' drive sound with a very clean Markbass: https://origineffects.com/product/bassr ... r-vintage/
Big thread on TB👍

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by foal30 »

Korg has purchased Darkglass

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 655 times
Been liked: 561 times

Post by TmcB »

foal30 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:41 pm Korg has purchased Darkglass
No way!!!
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by foal30 »

synchromesh
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by synchromesh »

foal30 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:11 pmI was thinking it would be good with my Passive Basses and a point of difference to the Sadowsky which is awesome with a Jazz Bass. I’ve had one since the 90’s a great piece of kit
I second this, I have a Sadowsky pre-amp in my Jazz Bass and it is *chef's kiss* - I did have to route/drill a path for new jack socket, but I was installing a GK-2B interface (and an Orange Squeezer clone) at the same time so that was fine... :)
jazz-bass-sockets-etc.jpeg
jazz-bass-sockets-etc.jpeg (701.46 KiB) Viewed 930 times

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2263 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

synchromesh wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 3:11 pm
foal30 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:11 pmI was thinking it would be good with my Passive Basses and a point of difference to the Sadowsky which is awesome with a Jazz Bass. I’ve had one since the 90’s a great piece of kit
I second this, I have a Sadowsky pre-amp in my Jazz Bass and it is *chef's kiss* - I did have to route/drill a path for new jack socket, but I was installing a GK-2B interface (and an Orange Squeezer clone) at the same time so that was fine... :)

jazz-bass-sockets-etc.jpeg
don't do things by half eh ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

JoeBlow
Gibson
Has liked: 334 times
Been liked: 208 times

Post by JoeBlow »

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by foal30 »

hercules wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:04 am

I’m a complete fan boy of Free The Tone
Their Bass Blaster OD is the real deal

Also like the Wounded Paw Battering Ram

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by foal30 »

@JoeBlow