Moving to Christchurch - Singer/Guitarist Available

Needing a bass player, guitarist, drummer? Advertise here...

Moderator: Capt. Black

SixGunLover
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by SixGunLover »

I'm going to be moving from Dunedin to Christchurch until July starting this coming weekend, and I'll be available to play.

I'm a 24 year old singer/guitarist, been in a few different bands over the years, experience with both covers and originals. I write my own tunes and have collaborated with others in the past. I think there might be some clips on here of some pretty low-budget recordings I did of a couple of covers, although I feel I've improved since then. I've got my own gig-ready gear and transportation. I'm friendly, easy to get along with and love music. I'm also a fast learner and can quickly memorize new songs, and if I'm in a covers band I don't let my personal tastes get in the way of doing what's right for the band/punters.

My influences and a few favorite artists include but aren't limited to (yes I did just scroll down my iTunes list):
AC/DC, Aerosmith, Bad Company/Free, the Band, the Beach Boys, the Beatles, Big Star, the Black Crowes, the Black Keys, Black Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult, the Blues Brothers, the blues in general, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band, Bruce Springsteen, the Cars, Cheap Trick, Cream, CCR, CSNY, Crowded House, the Cult, Curtis Mayfield, Damien Rice, David Bowie, David Gray, Deep Purple, Dire Straits, the Doobie Brothers, the Doors, the Eagles, Elton John, Eric Clapton, the Faces, funk in general, Gov't Mule, Grand Funk Railroad, Guns N' Roses, Hall & Oates, Humble Pie, Iggy Pop, James Brown, Jeff Buckley, Jet, John Lennon, John Mayer, Kings of Leon, the Kinks, KISS, Led Zeppelin, Lenny Kravitz, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Marvin Gaye, Michael Jackson, Neil Young, Oasis, Otis Redding, Paul Weller, Pearl Jam, Pete Yorn, Peter Green, Pink Floyd, the Police, Prince, Queen, REM, Radiohead, RHCP, Richie Kotzen, Rod Stewart, the Rolling Stones, Rory Gallagher, Roy Orbison, Ryan Adams, Sean Costello, soul in general, SRV, Talking Heads, Ted Nugent, Ten Years After, Tom Petty, U2, Warren Zevon, the White Stripes, the Who, ZZ Top.

If I had to describe my originals, my catalogue consists of some strongly classic rock/dinosaur rock influenced numbers and some more singer-songwriter esque ballads, sometimes with crossover.

Let me know by either responding to this thread or via PM if you're keen to play sometime. Cheers.

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 653 times
Been liked: 556 times

Post by TmcB »

I'm keen to jam bro
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

druz15
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 56 times

Re: Moving to Christchurch - Singer/Guitarist Available

Post by druz15 »

dude we never got round to jamming lol. The last of the Dunedinites leaves. I spose I can't talk, moving to Melbourne as soon as I can next year
BG wrote:I don't care if you worship god or you worship goats cocks

SixGunLover
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by SixGunLover »

TmcB wrote:I'm keen to jam bro
Sweet! Will get in touch once I'm all moved in and got everything sorted.

For future reference to those interested, I'll be in the St. Albans area.

Drew - still very keen to get together and have a jam with you before you take off, just a matter of finding a convenient time for us. I'll be back down in Dunedin around Christmas and probably on and off a few other times, so we can still make that happen if you have some free time.

druz15
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by druz15 »

SixGunLover wrote:
TmcB wrote:I'm keen to jam bro
Sweet! Will get in touch once I'm all moved in and got everything sorted.

For future reference to those interested, I'll be in the St. Albans area.

Drew - still very keen to get together and have a jam with you before you take off, just a matter of finding a convenient time for us. I'll be back down in Dunedin around Christmas and probably on and off a few other times, so we can still make that happen if you have some free time.
definitely, drop me a PM when ur in town, we'll work something out
BG wrote:I don't care if you worship god or you worship goats cocks

MarsVFX
Stagg
Stagg

Post by MarsVFX »

Hey, still keen to jam? been years since I was involved in something musical but itching to flex the vocal chords, doesnt seem much going on in Chch at the moment, a few years ago you couldnt throw a rock without hitting a band looking for a singer.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

MarsVFX wrote:Hey, still keen to jam? been years since I was involved in something musical but itching to flex the vocal chords, doesnt seem much going on in Chch at the moment, a few years ago you couldnt throw a rock without hitting a band looking for a singer.
And Welcome to the Forum! :D
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

MarsVFX
Stagg
Stagg

Post by MarsVFX »

slowfingers wrote:
MarsVFX wrote:Hey, still keen to jam? been years since I was involved in something musical but itching to flex the vocal chords, doesnt seem much going on in Chch at the moment, a few years ago you couldnt throw a rock without hitting a band looking for a singer.
And Welcome to the Forum! :D

thanks for that, I know there is probably an "introduce youself here" thread but I may have "past participle of get" carried away and jumped the gun.