Dial Them Mids IN!
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 253 times

Re: Removing sticky residue....

Post by The Scarecrow »

Jake wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:10 pm
The Scarecrow wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:43 pm
Jake wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:22 pm I swear by this stuff for removing sticker residue
https://www.bunnings.co.nz/de-solv-it-1 ... y_p0172055
Score! Actually saw a bottle of this under the sink at home recently, completely forgot. See if that does the trick.
Might even remove the Xs with a bit of elbow grease
The one on the pick guard is easily tapped over and I've got a sticker I actually like that would cover the larger one. I just associate X's in the music scene with the straight-edge movement, which I was well aware of (bit of a presence here in the early-mid 00's around Auckland) and had mates involved in but not my thing.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."

FuzzMonkey
Gibson
Has liked: 510 times
Been liked: 407 times

Post by FuzzMonkey »

Jake wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:22 pm I swear by this stuff for removing sticker residue
https://www.bunnings.co.nz/de-solv-it-1 ... y_p0172055
I use this all the time on pedals to remove the sticky residue from velcro etc.
"There's no creativity without vulnerability."

www.fantailaudio.com

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2483 times

Post by Slowy »

I want to acknowledge this Thread.

We answered a Brother's question; promptly and accurately without deviation, degradation or obfuscation.

I don't think this has ever happened before.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:24 pm I want to acknowledge this Thread.

We answered a Brother's question; promptly and accurately without deviation, degradation or obfuscation.

USE DONKEY SEMEN I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO BEAT ONE OFF!!!!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2263 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

However, none of the replies will help if its paint fade, except a slim chance of it buffing out with cut n polish. The real answer is 'rattle cans bro'
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 456 times
Been liked: 406 times

Post by dayl »

jhyang549 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:08 pm Oh my gosh. I've seen that exact guitar on Trademe and Facebook Marketplace for fricking ages!!!!!! Like for years and years and years!! It finally got bought by somebody from this forum!!! I thought I would never see the day. Wow, that makes me feel so old.
been through a few hands

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2483 times

Post by Slowy »

jeremyb wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:58 pm

USE DONKEY SEMEN I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO BEAT ONE OFF!!!!!
Yes Jeremy, but what about the next one?
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!

Post by The Scarecrow »

Bg wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:04 pm

However, none of the replies will help if its paint fade, except a slim chance of it buffing out with cut n polish. The real answer is 'rattle cans bro'
^ This looks to be the case

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!

Post by The Scarecrow »

jhyang549 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:08 pm Oh my gosh. I've seen that exact guitar on Trademe and Facebook Marketplace for fricking ages!!!!!! Like for years and years and years!! It finally got bought by somebody from this forum!!! I thought I would never see the day. Wow, that makes me feel so old.
I was in talks to buy it from the guy selling it a couple of times between late 2018 and now. He would list it and then change his mind, and moved around Auckland several times making it hard to find a time to check it out. This time around he was living about a 15 min drive away from me but listed it for a rather high price, and I offered him a little less than what he'd asked for a couple of years ago. I expected a bit of negotiation but he accepted as I think he knew his asking price was way off considering the current condition. Irony is I reckon he could have got more for it had he just bothered to tidy it up/spend $15 on new strings etc, but my gain I guess :thumbup:

Speakos
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Speakos »

The Scarecrow wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:13 pm IB;JB :lol:

So I acquired this Squier Deryck Whibley signature Telecaster over the weekend. Great basic guitar for high-gain chording and a remarkably tight sounding Duncan Designed pickup. The previous owner had applied a host of tacky and fairly misogynistic decals to it which had to go. They came off with without much hassle or effort (most came off with a single peel from the old rubber scrapper or by hand) but they've been on the guitar for close to a decade and have left a residue / fade which you can most notably see on the upper part of the second pic.

Not noticeable from afar, but I'd like to clean it up to stock (and maybe cover up those dopey X's that are painted on as standard later but no immediate rush) to give it a more generic look - any recommendations to clear/return that finish to normal? It looks like it may actually be a bit of sun fade due over years but I thought I'd ask if there were products that might help. I used some lemon oil to remove the bulk of the sticker glue that was imparted on the body, but it hasn't done much that fade. The pick guard is fine, but it's mostly that stupid weed leaf outline I'd like to be rid of :lol:
I think the other suggestions probably have it covered but lamp oil can be a good gentle option.

matman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 289 times
Been liked: 49 times

Post by matman »

NippleWrestler wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:32 pm Isopropyl alcohol will remove it.
That's the method I used just last night to get sticker residue off a Nintendo Switch screen.
"The large print giveth and the small print taketh away" - Tom Waits

head_strong
Squier
Been liked: 5 times

Post by head_strong »

I've had good results with a bit of CRC and letting it soak into the residue then rub off with a cloth.

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1208 times
Been liked: 1401 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

Rattle can the body, it will look great !
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...