Guitar setup resources and tools required.

Pickups, Pots, Caps, Wiring

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 351 times

Guitar setup resources and tools required.

Post by WellyBlues »

Have decided that I have sufficient shit guitars to learn to do setups etc. lol.

So, what are good teaching resources for this sort of thing, YT channels etc? I'll be following the thread about building pedals that has just been started in the DIY Pedals thread.

Also, I'll need some tools; fret files, nut files, cleaners, whatever else. Anyone got stuff for sale or can you recommend a kit (that isn't megabucks)?

Thanks in advance.
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Re: Guitar setup resources and tools required.

Post by robthemac »

There are a lot of knowledgeable folk on this forum. I don't necessarily include myself in that. But...

My main advice is to go slowly! Hurrying a truss rod adjustment or nut filing is a recipe for disaster.

Wood and guitar strings also tend to try to revert back to their previous state, so give them time to settle before making subsequent adjustments.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.