Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

bender
Darth Fader
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Tru-Arc bridges (for Gretsches)

Post by bender »

Tru-Arc make replacement bar bridges for Gretsch guitars. They’re properly radiused to match your fretboard, and curved on the underside so that the rock with Bigsby use for better tuning stability. They offer different materials with different tonal qualities, and can be compensated (called Serpentune) or a standard straight bar. They also offer a Low Rider option if your guitar doesn’t have much string height at the bridge.

I’ve used both these and Compton bridges and much prefer these.

https://www.truarcbridgeworks.com/

I’m going to place an order that will likely be ready to ship around Feb. Shipping is gnarly at the moment, so if anyone else is interested in one it would be rad to combine to save on shipping.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Re: Tru-Arc bridges (for Gretsches)

Post by Bg »

I still have that one we traded if you need it back....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

vinylguy
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by vinylguy »

If I end up keeping my Harmony acoustic archtop I could be real keen on this. Will it fit a Harmony ?

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 391 times

Post by k1w1 »

Which Harmony do you have? If it is electric semi hollow then probably not, they have the slimline necks. If an acoustic archtop then they probably will although you might need to get a base as well due to spacing for the thumbwheels.

vinylguy
Fender
Fender

Post by vinylguy »

A photo might help ?

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by k1w1 »

A photo would help but even a model number/name eg Broadway, Cremona, I know most of them and can find info on ones I don't.

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 437 times
Been liked: 256 times

Post by clubhouse »

k1w1 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:42 pm A photo would help but even a model number/name eg Broadway, Cremona, I know most of them and can find info on ones I don't.
Hey man, to take a brief swerve in this thread for a mo'...are Cremonas worth anything? I have one that needs serious repair (long story...involves money and violence) but don't want to over capitalise on a guitar that has no chance of downstream repayment. I bought it for $50, 30 years ago, all original, in player condition.

vinylguy
Fender
Fender

Post by vinylguy »

Mines a Broadway, on TM atm. If it doesnt sell I will keep it. Would be keen on a compton or similar as I think it needs some work to get the best out of it.

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by k1w1 »

clubhouse wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:05 pm
k1w1 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:42 pm A photo would help but even a model number/name eg Broadway, Cremona, I know most of them and can find info on ones I don't.
Hey man, to take a brief swerve in this thread for a mo'...are Cremonas worth anything? I have one that needs serious repair (long story...involves money and violence) but don't want to over capitalise on a guitar that has no chance of downstream repayment. I bought it for $50, 30 years ago, all original, in player condition.
Depends on the model, I have a 1943 Cremona II which is a pressed top and back, probably worth US$500 maybe a little more. Other Cremona models are carved top and back and are worth more, most over US$1000 in the USA

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by k1w1 »

vinylguy wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:20 pm Mines a Broadway, on TM atm. If it doesnt sell I will keep it. Would be keen on a compton or similar as I think it needs some work to get the best out of it.
You have a photo of that? Might be my old one. Yes the bridge will fit but will need a new base as well.

vinylguy
Fender
Fender

Post by vinylguy »

PM sent.

Delboy
Stagg
Stagg
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Delboy »

If this is still a thing I’m interested in ordering a Tru Arc for my 6120 Setzer Hotrod. Think the one I want it’s a Standard (9.5” radius) in alloy. Thanks OP

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

Delboy wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:30 pm If this is still a thing I’m interested in ordering a Tru Arc for my 6120 Setzer Hotrod. Think the one I want it’s a Standard (9.5” radius) in alloy. Thanks OP
Ooh I love the look of those Setzers. :thumbup:
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster