Starfire
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 596 times

Re: To Do Or Not To Do

Post by Starfire »

I think perhaps Danny meant series wiring? I think the Baja has that option already. My Mustang’s had the wiring fiddled so it has series instead of the out of phase sound. It’s pretty cool — not something I’ve had before — but not quite the same as a grunty bridge pickup.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

Slowy wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:53 pm
werdna wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:02 pm I have a Rio Grande Dirty Harry if you'd like to borrow it and try it out for a couple of weeks.
Thanks. The Special T is Lollar's venture into P90 territory which is why I put it there in the first place. Probably need to spend some more time with P90s.
It’s not really…

It’s a standard Tele bridge construction with a hotter output. He describes it as “getting into p-90 territory” which is not really the same thing.

You should definitely try the Dirty Harry first.

I really wouldn’t do anything irreversible to the Korinacaster. I reckon you’ll regret it. That guitar has been your main squeeze for as long as I can remember.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

Starfire wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:50 pm I think perhaps Danny meant series wiring? I think the Baja has that option already. My Mustang’s had the wiring fiddled so it has series instead of the out of phase sound. It’s pretty cool — not something I’ve had before — but not quite the same as a grunty bridge pickup.
Exactly.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

bender wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:15 am
werdna wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:02 pm I have a Rio Grande Dirty Harry if you'd like to borrow it and try it out for a couple of weeks.
Thanks. The Special T is Lollar's venture into P90 territory which is why I put it there in the first place. Probably need to spend some more time with P90s.
It’s not really…

It’s a standard Tele bridge construction with a hotter output. He describes it as “getting into p-90 territory” which is not really the same thing.

I really wouldn’t do anything irreversible to the Korinacaster. I reckon you’ll regret it. That guitar has been your main squeeze for as long as I can remember.
Thanks Ben.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 245 times

Post by Capt. Black »

Slowy wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:18 am
bender wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:15 am

It’s not really…

Thanks Ben.
Further to that sentiment but on a bit of a tangent... Teles and LPJs have never been a "high end" instrument" (as much as people might like to pretend they are) so it's not hard to buy or build one fairly cheaply. Am I right?

If the K'caster is already something of a great fit fit, why fuck with it? Just get another guitar that does that particular thing you want. It's the ultimate undoable action. ;)

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Right; so it's official then....I'm an idiot.

RobRoyMcCoy
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 194 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by RobRoyMcCoy »

Slowy wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:15 am Right; so it's official then....I'm an idiot.
Yes. You know we love you but in this case we mostly agree you are a fkn idiot.
Greenstone Amplifiers

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

I'm no fool. The Korinacaster will not be touched, Upon your collective head be it.

MrGlyn
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by MrGlyn »

GrantB wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:27 pm Can Mr Glyn make one of these? P90 Tele size.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/253281677141

It’s one of those “yes,but’ answers.
It takes a lot of experimenting and prototypes to get a pickup right. That’s okay if there’s a good market for it, I’m happy to put the time in. But when you get to the more unusual ones ... I doubt you’ll want to pay for the 10 pickups or more it takes to get it right.
Right now I’m spending my time on a new FilterTron that I’m hoping is only a month or so away.
Sorry Dude.