Bent BC-Rich Neck

Pickups, Pots, Caps, Wiring

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Altar Of Death
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Bent BC-Rich Neck

Post by Altar Of Death »

Hails!

Is there any one out there that's an expert in guitar necks that might want to help me out or even an off chance that some one has what I'm looking for?

I have an early-mid 90's BC-Rich Ignitor with a bent neck and I'm either looking for a replacement or a sollution to fix it.

I could try and get one off Ebay but I'd like to try locally if possible, I could also try and fix it (which by the sounds of things isn't possible) OR have someone make me one. Which ever is cheapest.

The neck is a 22 fret 24 3/4 scale. The problem is that it "S-curves" where it concaves between the 1st and 8th fret, then straightens out between 9 - 22. Adjusting the trust rod doesn't make a difference, the concave won't invert.

Some one has suggested I sand the varnish off, soak it and clamp it to rebend it, has any one tried this?

Pic here (not of the bent neck though)

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

crushing day
The Mystical Potato Head

Post by crushing day »

talk to Ash :)
what we've got here is failure to communicate... some men you just can't reach

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

Don't soak it or any such thing. Thats asking for destruction. Bring it to my workshop and I'll assess it and suggest a remedy. PM for more info.
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand