IMOCD
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 479 times
Been liked: 221 times

Mini hum users...help!

Post by IMOCD »

Hello. I'm in the process of installing some firebird pickups into mini humucker pickup rings. To do this, I need to install spacers between the pickup legs and the rings. Would someone be kind enough to measure how much of the pickup is exposed above the ring please, so I know how big to cut the spacers? Also, is it the same for both neck and bridge?
Cheers.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Re: Mini hum users...help!

Post by jeremyb »

Why are you not using springs? I've seen flexible silicon hose used before as well, you can probably get some at the local pet store, used in aquariums etc...
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

IMOCD
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by IMOCD »

jeremyb wrote:Why are you not using springs? I've seen flexible silicon hose used before as well, you can probably get some at the local pet store, used in aquariums etc...
Still need the spacers even when using springs but I'm opting for a captive nut instead. It goes: machine screw through ring, spacer, pup leg, captive nut and finally into steel base plate (LP with p90 routes). This clamps the pup to the ring as essentially when adjusting mini's both pup and ring need to move (at least that's how I read it).

Got the spacer material sorted, just curious as to how long I need to cut them. On pics, it looks to be only a couple of mm of pup exposed above rings......

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1200 times
Been liked: 1398 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

They look to be the same depth as the ring....
Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 17.40.36.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 17.40.36.jpg (160.4 KiB) Viewed 2447 times
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

IMOCD
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by IMOCD »

sizzlingbadger wrote:They look to be the same depth as the ring....
Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 17.40.36.jpg
Legend. Thanks man!