Pickups, Pots, Caps, Wiring

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY werdna
Floyd Rose has created a guitar with a raised profile under the string area between the pickups. Your picking hand is not able to dig to deep, which can interrupt your rhythm, allowing you to relax and pick faster and more naturally. At first glance it looks like a big step forward.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmCLWitfWx8
BY willow13
my first question would be how much damage would I do to the wood when i'm banging the shit out of the strings when doing "aggressive" rhythm playing where a large part of the "sound" is the digging in..especially given I use metal picks
BY jeremyb
willow13 wrote:my first question would be how much damage would I do to the wood when i'm banging the shit out of the strings when doing "aggressive" rhythm playing where a large part of the "sound" is the digging in..especially given I use metal picks

Yeah might be better with a pickguard that is shaped to bring the profile of that area higher, hmmm I could 3D print something like this :mrgreen:
BY Lyle
jeremyb wrote:
Yeah might be better with a pickguard that is shaped to bring the profile of that area higher, hmmm I could 3D print something like this :mrgreen:

I was thinking the same thing. Or just use double sided tape and stick a bit of perspex under the strings.
BY jeremyb
Lyle wrote:
jeremyb wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. Or just use double sided tape and stick a bit of perspex under the strings.

HA! Yes was thinking thats how I'd try it, 3D print a profile and double sided tape it in place!!
BY willow13
jeremyb wrote:

:rofl:

my "real" point was whats the bloody point of it :D ... you just need to focus more on your right hand. this feels like using a wheelchair when your legs work perfectly fine, not to mention the fact that it LOOKS UGLY AS SHIT :rofl:
BY jeremyb
werdna wrote:JB, let me know how you get on, if you do it.

Probably the only guitar suitable is my tele, but maybe I'll do something with the telemaster instead since its a bitza anyway...