werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 590 times
Been liked: 458 times

Paul Reynolds

Post by werdna »

Flock of Seagulls' guitarist Paul Reynolds was really good. When the band came out I thought they were the high water mark of new romantic fops, with the singer's hair like a bird's crest and their chef's jackets. But the guitar playing was exciting. It's hard to imagine songs like I Ran and Space Age Lovesong would have been any good without his atmospheric stabbing guitar songs taking the melody in new directions. Excellent picking skills. A great ear for a pop hook. What a good player he was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU

This video is cheap and a bit sh!t. Check out when singer Mick is trying to run away from the young woman and is feeling the walls like a mime artist. For god's sake he's never going to get away unless he puts some real effort in.
In life, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Re: Paul Reynolds

Post by Jay »

Ah, why does this video immediately make me think of Radio with Pictures and Karyn Hay...
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

So that's Flock of Seagulls.. I've heard the song but I didn't know who it was.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 351 times

Post by WellyBlues »

Barron Knights do a good version of I Ran...something about a ram with immoral intentions chasing the singer....and I Ran
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days