Update: got a spot on a show outside of Taranaki, Whammy Bar, May 19th

Let us know where you are playing (and give us free tickets)

Moderator: Capt. Black

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 247 times

Update: got a spot on a show outside of Taranaki, Whammy Bar, May 19th

Post by griff »

Hey guys. Our Punk/Hard rock band want to get out of the region and jump in on a gig somewhere before June 18th when our drummer goes for in for surgery. We're from Taranaki and be keen to roadie to places like Auckland, Wellington, Palmy, Whanganui etc
We'll play on any show. Our set is just over an hour long. We have good stage presence and bring a good performance to the crowd.
Not worried about money, we just like to play our tunes and drink beers.
Please let me know if there's anything going, we really want to connect with musos out of the region!

Cheers, Griff.

Link to our album..
https://open.spotify.com/album/6mzMe3C8 ... =copy-link
Last edited by griff on Fri May 06, 2022 4:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 243 times

Re: My band is looking for an opening spot on a show outside of Taranaki

Post by The Scarecrow »

griff wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:58 am Hey guys. Our Punk/Hard rock band want to get out of the region and jump in on a gig somewhere before June 18th when our drummer goes for in for surgery. We're from Taranaki and be keen to roadie to places like Auckland, Wellington, Palmy, Whanganui etc
We'll play on any show. Our set is just over an hour long. We have good stage presence and bring a good performance to the crowd.
Please let me know if there's anything going, we really want to connect with musos out of the region!

Cheers, Griff.

Link to our album..
Hey man, will keep you in mind. My band is kind of rap-rock/metal and probably going to do a gig for single release in Auckland, possibly in that timeframe.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by griff »

The Scarecrow wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:49 am
griff wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:58 am Hey guys. Our Punk/Hard rock band want to get out of the region and jump in on a gig somewhere before June 18th when our drummer goes for in for surgery. We're from Taranaki and be keen to roadie to places like Auckland, Wellington, Palmy, Whanganui etc

Cheers, Griff.

Link to our album..
Hey man, will keep you in mind. My band is kind of rap-rock/metal and probably going to do a gig for single release in Auckland, possibly in that timeframe.
Excellent! We'd love that. Cheers!
(Just been told the latest date we can play would be 11th June, not available from 18th onwards)
Would also mean we could get you onto a show in the Naki in the future if that's what you guys would want :thumbup:

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by The Scarecrow »

griff wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:32 am
The Scarecrow wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:49 am

Cheers, Griff.

Link to our album..
Excellent! We'd love that. Cheers!
(Just been told the latest date we can play would be 11th June, not available from 18th onwards)
Would also mean we could get you onto a show in the Naki in the future if that's what you guys would want :thumbup:
Yeah man, always keen to head out and about. We've got a single release to focus on and recording next week that will take up most of May so the timeline might not work for us, but will let you know.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

Cheers, Griff.

Link to our album..
had a listen...that's really high energy music...fantastic vocals too.

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by griff »

olegmcnoleg wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:33 pm

Cheers, Griff.

Link to our album..
had a listen...that's really high energy music...fantastic vocals too.
Thanks mate. Can't take much credit for it.. our other guitarist did everything on there and gathered us as the band after the fact. I can't write anything remotely as good as what he can so I'm happy just learning the songs as a fan lol

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Re: Update: got a spot on a show outside of Taranaki, Whammy Bar, May 19th

Post by griff »

Hey dudes, managed to get a spot on a Punk show at Whammy Bar in two weeks time. The 19th.
We're looking forward to getting out of the region and playing to strangers!
I looked up the list of house gear there, and it's pretty decent but we'll probably bring our own amps and play through the quads there.
What's the acoustics like in there?
If anyone wants to catch up for a beer, come on down. I'm the one with a shaved noggin, 5'8, and looks like a cross between Mark Strong and Alexander Volkanovsky.