Wanted ads

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY jimi
After some of these:

Just the bit that goes on the strap, have 4 guitars with the pegs, and only 2 straps with the right ends on them.

Tried to get some from the RS on the weekend, but 2 shops I tried were sold out.

Where’s best to order some, or does anyone have spares to sell ?

$30-$40 locally vs <$10 on Ali Express?
BY Lyle
I've got some Aliexpress ones on my cheaper guitars, they do the trick but are definitely made from a weaker/thinner metal than the real deal.
BY Jellybelly
Found a spare set here with writting on the underside. Think they may be the same as the rockshop ones.
You can have then if you want just PM an address and I will throw them in a post bag :)
BY MogwaiBoy
Make sure to use beefy screws! I just had my Tele in the shop because one of the screws popped out of the guitar (with the strap attached) in the middle of band practice. Lucky I caught the guitar before it hit the floor. Was seriously considering going back to stock setup but the tech said he'd heavy duty the straplock screws so they stay in the guitar forever. I'm a bit weary now though.
BY jimi
MogwaiBoy wrote:Make sure to use beefy screws! I just had my Tele in the shop because one of the screws popped out of the guitar (with the strap attached) in the middle of band practice. Lucky I caught the guitar before it hit the floor. Was seriously considering going back to stock setup but the tech said he'd heavy duty the straplock screws so they stay in the guitar forever. I'm a bit weary now though.

Cheers! Yeah I check the guitar end regularly, a little paranoid about that. When one got loose I did the matchstick trick, and its been good since.