Wanted ads

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY Molly
Well, I think I do... Ideally I want to buy the bastard love-child of Duesenberg and PRS (quirky but really well put together) but it doesn't exist.

So I think I want a Starplayer. If you think you have one and you might like to sell it let me know and I might buy it...

This goldtop one is nice:

BY Kev77
I have been stuck on that song since forever, fine taste good sir
BY Slowy
Molly wrote: The bastard love-child of Duesenberg and PRS .......

Oh my goodness; what an interesting mash up! My imagination has gone into overdrive.

As for a Starplayer, if you'd sold me your Outlaw, I could at least have had the pleasure of telling you no. :sarc:

Outlaws are the coolest Starplayers!!!! :D
BY Molly
Slowy wrote:

Oh my goodness; what an interesting mash up! My imagination has gone into overdrive.

As for a Starplayer, if you'd sold me your Outlaw, I could at least have had the pleasure of telling you no. :sarc:

It's still local. :-)
BY chrisbower
Molly wrote:Well, I think I do... Ideally I want to buy the bastard love-child of Duesenberg and PRS (quirky but really well put together) but it doesn't exist.

So I think I want a Starplayer. If you think you have one and you might like to sell it let me know and I might buy it...

Wow that slide playing. Give's me chills.
BY Molly
chrisbower wrote:
Molly wrote:Well, I think I do... Ideally I want to buy the bastard love-child of Duesenberg and PRS (quirky but really well put together) but it doesn't exist.

Wow that slide playing. Give's me chills.

Not entirely sure of this guy's background but I think he was part of Drive By Truckers. I've got his playlist downloaded on Spotify. It's not all my cup of tea (some of it dips too far into country for me) but some of it is just fantastic. Great songwriting, great lyrics. Songs that seem to be about something rather than nothing. Some of it reminds me of Simon & Garfunkle, sometimes Tom Petty. Worth a listen. :thumbup:
BY Slowy
Molly wrote:
Slowy wrote:

It's still local. :-)

Comforting to know.
BY jeremyb
Are they tuning up because of nerves, or shit stability?
BY Terexgeek
jeremyb wrote:Are they tuning up because of nerves, or shit stability?

Probably due to the temperature and humidity difference between an empty studio in rehearsal and a full one with audience and studio lights.
BY jeremyb
Molly wrote:

Might be a humid night in Austin.

I'd say it's a nervous thing, they would no doubt have techs who check their gear etc, everyone has their rituals!
BY Terexgeek
Molly wrote:

Might be a humid night in Austin.

Sorry a bit slow on the trigger.
BY jeremyb
His work on Drive By Truckers' The Dirty South is EPIC, this doesn't grab me as much, but might give him a bit more time :)
BY Molly
jeremyb wrote:His work on Drive By Truckers' The Dirty South is EPIC, this doesn't grab me as much, but might give him a bit more time :)

More for me to check out. :thumbup:
BY jeremyb
Molly wrote:
jeremyb wrote:His work on Drive By Truckers' The Dirty South is EPIC, this doesn't grab me as much, but might give him a bit more time :)

More for me to check out. :thumbup:

Fucking epic album, about the only country thing I've ever enjoyed, apart from Dolly's cans.