ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
I had an expensive weekend, so something has to go. This might be a bit rarified for the NZG palette, but if you are in the market for a roots blues guitar or a a proper jazz guitar, this guitar will do either, depending on the strings you fit.

I discovered Eastman guitars about 2 years ago. You seldom see the really nice ones here in NZ but they are spectacular instruments that are favoured by many top jazz artists. They make their more expensive guitars by hand, using old-fashioned methods and materials. The tops and backs are hand carved, not sawn and/or pressed, they use really thin nitro finishes, they make 3-piece necks with the middle piece running in the opposite direction to the outer two (like Lowden). They use tonewoods you wish Gibson would use. The construction is super thin and resonant, like old Gibsons or Martins. I could go on.

This guitar is an AR 605, with a floating pickup, the 600 and 800 series are the top of the line: the only difference being whether the sides are maple or mahogany. Maple looks more flashy, but mahogany is a better tone choice here.

This specific guitar was featured at the NAMM show in 2008, (Serial #: NAMM 012). Hand carved and voiced, X bracing, solid spruce top, solid, figured mahogany back, sides and neck, bone nut, rosewood bridge, tailpiece and fingerboard, Kent Armstrong Johnnie Smith floating neck pickup professionally installed along with high end pots. Rosewood veneer on headstock, and cool retro gold tuners. Has had a full pro set up, inc fretwork to get the best in terms of playability. Currently set up with flatwounds for jazz, but also excels with acoustic strings for a rootsy, blues sound.

It has a few blemishes in the finish from use, but no other concerns. It is super resonant and it sings and projects exceedingly well. I also have a brass/gold tailpiece that I'll include, for a different vibe and look. Hard shell case also included.

Test pilots welcome in Auckland Central.

Cheapest available used on Reverb is $1299 USD. So I think $1,800 NZD is a fair price.
codedog wrote:Oleg, you have such a way with words! That, combined with a fantastic collection and impeccable taste, put the rest of us (and our wallets) in serious peril!

He is a very dangerous man. Should only be approached with great anticipation.
olegmcnoleg wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Phwoooarrrr I love guitars like that, zero idea what to do with one tho' :lol:

That's easy...you buy it :-) Then you take the challenge to learn something different.

No money makes it a bit difficult :rofl:
olegmcnoleg wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Phwoooarrrr I love guitars like that, zero idea what to do with one tho' :lol:

That's easy...you buy it :-) Then you take the challenge to learn something different.

Logic and common sense have no place in this Forum. You have been warned.
Moderator.

Just thought of another thing you could do with it. Hang it on the wall at work and start wearing a Fedora. Everyone will then take you for a very serious jazz musician, but you won't have to go to all the trouble of learning to play jazz. :roll:
olegmcnoleg wrote:Somebody make an offer for this guitar, or I’ll be forced to choose between BG and Jeremyb for sexual favours. :moresarc:

Happy endings guaranteed mate!
Terexgeek wrote:
Frey wrote:If only I could play jazz and was rich lol

Those two descriptions are mutually exclusive I'm afraid.

tell that to Nile Rodgers 8)
Frey wrote:
Terexgeek wrote:
Frey wrote:If only I could play jazz and was rich lol

Those two descriptions are mutually exclusive I'm afraid.

tell that to Nile Rodgers 8)

Funk is not Jazz, but Jazz can be funky and Funk can be jazzy. Nile made millions from Pop, his Jazz excursions are in front of crowds that tolerate the extensions, but are really hanging out for much less chords and more "Le Freak". He doesn't even consider himself a jazz guitarist!