Lets all drool over your stuff :)

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

User avatar
BY AiRdAd
#793523
I can't quite see on my phone. What are the two knobs behind the bigsby
User avatar
BY SimpleSi
#793526
AiRdAd wrote:I can't quite see on my phone. What are the two knobs behind the bigsby

Switches.


One on the right is like Gibson's bypass pull knob.
Ignores all the knobs and switching and does the bridge pickup straight to the output.


The one on the left in the photo is a coil split for the bridge pickup, with no volume drop


I can't see myself using the bypassing one. But the coil split is nice.


Have a listen to the audio I linked to my Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlKtAXplARM/

Quickly recorded with every pickup position etc
User avatar
BY HackSaw
#793531
I feel like a teen in the 80s again when all the boys were gaga over Claire, blonde haired girl next door hot, but I couldn’t for the life of me see the appeal. Now Becky, dark haired goth chick who wore Cure t-shirts...

Glad you’ve found a new love Simon! But I gotta say, not my cuppa and I feel strangely left out with a sense of “what’s wrong with me? Why don’t I get it?!”. Return of the teenage angst...
User avatar
BY SimpleSi
#793538
HackSaw wrote:I feel like a teen in the 80s again when all the boys were gaga over Claire, blonde haired girl next door hot, but I couldn’t for the life of me see the appeal. Now Becky, dark haired goth chick who wore Cure t-shirts...

Glad you’ve found a new love Simon! But I gotta say, not my cuppa and I feel strangely left out with a sense of “what’s wrong with me? Why don’t I get it?!”. Return of the teenage angst...

I find it beautifully ugly :lol: :clap:
User avatar
BY Slowy
#793539
SimpleSi wrote:
HackSaw wrote:I feel like a teen in the 80s again when all the boys were gaga over Claire, blonde haired girl next door hot, but I couldn’t for the life of me see the appeal. Now Becky, dark haired goth chick who wore Cure t-shirts...

Glad you’ve found a new love Simon! But I gotta say, not my cuppa and I feel strangely left out with a sense of “what’s wrong with me? Why don’t I get it?!”. Return of the teenage angst...

I find it beautifully ugly :lol: :clap:

It has the 'mother of toilet seat' Italian vibe going on.

Si, the specs suggest these pickups are the same as your Starplayer, just re-packaged. Is that correct or do they sound different?
User avatar
BY SimpleSi
#793542
Slowy wrote:
SimpleSi wrote:
HackSaw wrote:I feel like a teen in the 80s again when all the boys were gaga over Claire, blonde haired girl next door hot, but I couldn’t for the life of me see the appeal. Now Becky, dark haired goth chick who wore Cure t-shirts...

Glad you’ve found a new love Simon! But I gotta say, not my cuppa and I feel strangely left out with a sense of “what’s wrong with me? Why don’t I get it?!”. Return of the teenage angst...

I find it beautifully ugly :lol: :clap:

It has the 'mother of toilet seat' Italian vibe going on.

Si, the specs suggest these pickups are the same as your Starplayer, just re-packaged. Is that correct or do they sound different?

Same Neck p90, different bridge.


tonewood has made a big difference to it as well.

Starplayer is Spruce top and sides with Maple back (full hollow with centre block) - maple neck with Rosewood board

The Julia is Mahogany body with Maple cap on top, Same neck

I find the starplayer a bit more Hifi/TV Jones-esk and very acoustic sounding comparatively

The julia has more of a 59' Les Paul sort of Mid quack to it.
User avatar
BY jeremyb
#793543
Just need a chev Bel air in the same colour and you're set!
User avatar
BY SimpleSi
#793546
I've had 7 Doozy now