Wanted ads

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY GrantB
I just realised I haven’t owned a Tone King. I did spent a lot of time with one a couple of years ago. I stick to my original recommendations.
BY Single coil
bbrunskill wrote:Don't forget the mighty Fender Pro Junior

No, forget these.
BY KNNZ
bbrunskill wrote:
Single coil wrote:
bbrunskill wrote:Don't forget the mighty Fender Pro Junior

No, forget these.

No, don't, they are epically good sounding rock'n'roll amps

+1 I had one, perfect for a beach house
BY GrantB
In terms of controlling volume and break up they’re a bit basic ime.
BY Single coil
Ht5 combo on the tard in the naki closing in 2hrs.
BY StratMatt
Single coil wrote:Ht5 combo on the tard in the naki closing in 2hrs.

Not even close to being booteek enough!
BY jeremyb
StratMatt wrote:
Single coil wrote:Ht5 combo on the tard in the naki closing in 2hrs.

Not even close to being booteek enough!

Perfect for all those nu-metal PRS's he has!
I have a 2 week old Katana 100 Combo if your interested. Light, small, excellent at low volumes and has all the effects you would need built in. Chuck it in the car, no delicate valves to fail when travelling etc.
Last edited by sizzlingbadger on Sat May 19, 2018 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BY Delayman
Go Lo-brow and get an ibanez TS5, tubescreamer built in. Worst case if it’s not up to your standard, is you’ll love your normal rig more when you get home.
BY jeremyb
You'd be lucky to find a TS5 which is for sale given they all pretty much died shortly after purchase....
BY Kiwiaxe
Don’t go 8 or 10. Barely smaller than a 12 and personally - unless you are after a specific sound that relies on the boxiness of a smaller speaker - I think you’ll be disappointed.

I’d say go for a nice 12 but stay clear of heavy ones. My goodsell (probably not for sale) is great for what you are talking about. Weighs bugger all, relatively small compared to many 12s eg the sky king.