Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Molly
standardfour wrote:
Molly wrote:We accidentally threw away the bread maker's mixing attachment. No more bread... :-(

Queue the self-loaving.

Wish I'd thought of that. :thumbup:
BY mule
Related to the overdrive stacking thread, I'm looking for something to combine with my hot cake. Ideally something fairly transparent that can be used as a mostly-clean boost, but with the ability to filthy it up a bit. Have been looking at Timmy's, but I'm not sure if it will do the latter.
BY Single coil
Ge7, LPB1
BY StratMatt
Timmy will get pretty gainy if you need it to, especially if you’re stacking. I run mine into my AX8 using a JTM model stacked with an AC Booster, plenty of gain on tap.
BY codedog
StratMatt wrote:Timmy will get pretty gainy if you need it to, especially if you’re stacking. I run mine into my AX8 using a JTM model stacked with an AC Booster, plenty of gain on tap.

Interesting that you still run effects into the AX8... are you not happy with the array of builtin effects?
BY StratMatt
codedog wrote:
StratMatt wrote:Timmy will get pretty gainy if you need it to, especially if you’re stacking. I run mine into my AX8 using a JTM model stacked with an AC Booster, plenty of gain on tap.

Interesting that you still run effects into the AX8... are you not happy with the array of builtin effects?

Only just reacquired another Timmy after 2 years of AX8 only, so want to put it to use. The drives are pretty CPU hungry, but are just as good as pedals to me on the AX8. Its quite good just having it to kick on when you want that one sound whenever you feel like it without diving into a menu.
BY Kev77
I am strangley absent of Gas.,.,., stand by
BY werdna
One member here has a black PRS McCarty with two soap bars. I played it four years ago and have never got it out of my mind. Thickish neck. Cream on black. Hot pickups. Much want. I have a gig in November at a Steampunk convention and a black PRS would fit the vibe. Also in case members can help me I will need a WW1 gas mask, and a rubber onesy with a garden tap sewn on the crotch.
BY philly
i could help you with the rubber onesy...
BY Terexgeek
werdna wrote:One member here has a black PRS McCarty with two soap bars. I played it four years ago and have never got it out of my mind. Thickish neck. Cream on black. Hot pickups. Much want. I have a gig in November at a Steampunk convention and a black PRS would fit the vibe. Also in case members can help me I will need a WW1 gas mask, and a rubber onesy with a garden tap sewn on the crotch.

Is the onesy and tap for the steampunk thing or are you visiting the Christchurch gearfest?
BY olegmcnoleg
werdna wrote:One member here has a black PRS McCarty with two soap bars. I played it four years ago and have never got it out of my mind. Thickish neck. Cream on black. Hot pickups. Much want. I have a gig in November at a Steampunk convention and a black PRS would fit the vibe. Also in case members can help me I will need a WW1 gas mask, and a rubber onesy with a garden tap sewn on the crotch.

Are you seriously trying to tell us you are gassing for a gas mask?

Does not sound like the kind of event that is a safe place to take an awesome guitar... ;-)
BY Slowy
olegmcnoleg wrote:

Are you seriously trying to tell us you are gassing for a gas mask?

Does not sound like the kind of event that is a safe place to take an awesome guitar... ;-)

It might come back looking like this.
spg.jpg
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
Terexgeek wrote:Also in case members can help me I will need a WW1 gas mask, and a rubber onesy with a garden tap sewn on the crotch.

You just need to accept Jeremy’s “shall we go back to my place for a coffee” invite and I’m sure everything will fall into place.
BY calling card

Here knock ya self out, there is so much more too :D

https://www.armyandoutdoors.co.nz/search?q=gas+mask&type=product