White script logo onto blank blackface

Amp tinkerers and people who aren't afraid of 700 volts or so in here....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 3465 times
Been liked: 711 times

White script logo onto blank blackface

Post by Cdog »

Fender-Super-Reverb-Decal.jpg
Fender-Super-Reverb-Decal.jpg (12.54 KiB) Viewed 3293 times
Got a Mojo control panel plate... but it's blank in the logo area for obvious © reasons. I'd like to add the Super Reverb script logo into the normal spot, just wondering if anyone has done it successfully, and if so... how? My initial thoughts were waterslide decal, but where to find a printer that does white ink? Any ideas? :)

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Re: White script logo onto blank blackface

Post by willow13 »

Ideally I think it would need to be "3D" to look any good (have done printed out flat logos before and they look shit haha) ... maybe look at 3D printing? might be worth the extra $$

If you were to do a flat logo I think the best idea would be to stencil the logo and spray paint it
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Cdog »

willow13 wrote:Ideally I think it would need to be "3D" to look any good (have done printed out flat logos before and they look shit haha) ... maybe look at 3D printing? might be worth the extra $$

If you were to do a flat logo I think the best idea would be to stencil the logo and spray paint it
Actually, a stencil is a good idea! Could even hand paint it then too. :thumbup:

Interested in any other ideas out there

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

That's a difficult one. I guess they're still screened. Would it be possible to do that as a home? Worth researching.

Edit. Just watched how it's done. Interesting but maybe too much hassle for home. Can't embed but it was titled:

DIY How to burn a silkscreen and print at home.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

Molly wrote:That's a difficult one. I guess they're still screened. Would it be possible to do that as a home? Worth researching.

Edit. Just watched how it's done. Interesting but maybe too much hassle for home. Can't embed but it was titled:

DIY How to burn a silkscreen and print at home.
have looked at doing that for band tee shirts and came to the conclusion that a stencil and fabric paint does pretty much the same job at 1/3 of the cost (even standard spray paint actually works pretty much the same
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Just get a vinyl cut sticker made by a signwriter :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

MikeC
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1309 times
Been liked: 867 times

Post by MikeC »

I had the same requirement with my first Princeton Reverb build using blank Mojo panels. So I got setup to do it because I wanted my PR to look complete :). I now actually sell Princeton Reverb decals on Ebay (there's no real demand for the others so I stopped doing them). Here's a link to give you the idea https://www.ebay.com/itm/113837128398?s ... 1555.l2649. I've got someone else wanting a "Super Reverb" but I have to order minimum quantities so I'm holding off until I need some more PRs. I can do it way cheaper than the Ebay price for NZG members so PM me if interested.
Whakanuia o mea kei a koe

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Cdog »

Mike Clayton wrote:I had the same requirement with my first Princeton Reverb build using blank Mojo panels. So I got setup to do it because I wanted my PR to look complete :). I now actually sell Princeton Reverb decals on Ebay (there's no real demand for the others so I stopped doing them). Here's a link to give you the idea https://www.ebay.com/itm/113837128398?s ... 1555.l2649. I've got someone else wanting a "Super Reverb" but I have to order minimum quantities so I'm holding off until I need some more PRs. I can do it way cheaper than the Ebay price for NZG members so PM me if interested.
Interested! Thanks Mike, I saw those on ebay too. Will pm :)