Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1778 times
Been liked: 667 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by KNNZ »

codedog wrote:
Conway wrote:
KNNZ wrote:
I've ordered something too! Crikey! Wait.. Touch toes etc
Oooohhh, what is it?

Never mind... the important question: is it blue?
Kemper Stage too?
oops I actually forgot I ordered more than one thing from USA, just received some straps I bought from USA, arrived in 7 working days, I bought a tuner from someone from Hamilton and it took 7 working days to arrive as well :lol:

sorry Conway it's not blue
and Dany you got half of that correct just half! :rofl:

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1778 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

Conway wrote:Jesus, US Postal Service must've really upped their game! My guitar has just landed in NZ - 5 days from Maryland.
another Blue PRS?

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

KNNZ wrote:
Conway wrote:Jesus, US Postal Service must've really upped their game! My guitar has just landed in NZ - 5 days from Maryland.
another Blue PRS?
:shifty:
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

chur
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 210 times

Post by chur »

chur wrote:An old Boss ME-5 effects board is now on route. Just for shits n giggles as I have fond memories of them from about 20 years ago, and one came up at the right price and time.
The ME-5 board arrived, pretty cool. Some horrid patches in it i.e way over the top and just plain nasty, but some lovely clean ones, and from a quick fiddle even the overdrives aren't bad when I adjusted to my taste. Wasn't much of a fan of the distortion, but admittedly adjusting the eq was a pain in the noodle with the unit on the floor, I might have another crack at it up high. Editing patches was easy without a manual though.

As usual I couldn't help myself so had to have a gander inside, mainly to ensure the old electros weren't leaking all over the board. Dang there are a lot of through hole bits! All looks peachy though, so happy chappy as so far its exceeding my expectations.
20190729_211918.jpg
20190729_213330.jpg
20190729_213330.jpg (98 KiB) Viewed 1961 times
No one ever died of hard work.. but why take the risk..

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

KNNZ wrote:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Picked up one of those XVive pedalboards from TM, originally $95 but had a $55 ‘Buy Now’ on it. Looks big enough for the Dual Lotus, Volante and the MD-500 :-)
I thought you were selling off the Volante and MD-500?
Was trying to sell some gear as I was chasing something on Reverb. But no bites on my gear so I’m gonna hold on to everything ;-)

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2488 times
Been liked: 2799 times

Post by Molly »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
KNNZ wrote:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Picked up one of those XVive pedalboards from TM, originally $95 but had a $55 ‘Buy Now’ on it. Looks big enough for the Dual Lotus, Volante and the MD-500 :-)
I thought you were selling off the Volante and MD-500?
Was trying to sell some gear as I was chasing something on Reverb. But no bites on my gear so I’m gonna hold on to everything ;-)
Sat in the hotel playing the Strat I took along as possible trade-in today. Its faultless. I can't understand what I was thinking. I suspect we get something into our heads; some GAS-induced blindness, and can't see the value in the stuff we already have.

To be honest I sat on the shop's very nice leather Chesterfield with both Strats and did wonder if I wanted the other one because it looked cooler even though, acoustically at least, it was thinner-sounding. Possibly hearing with my eyes.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Molly wrote:I can't understand what I was thinking. I suspect we get something into our heads; some GAS-induced blindness, and can't see the value in the stuff we already have.
Yeah I think that sums it up well. I was fully prepared to sell both of my main pedals, my LP and even my AC30 just to essentially trade it for one guitar that likely wouldn't have been any better than the Tokai LP I have now. Maybe I need to allow myself more time to bond with what I have, maybe that's why I never contemplated selling the Laney as I feel as if I'm somehow more connected to it. Both the AC30 and the Tokai are ridiculously good, but right now they're more just innate pieces of gear rather than something I own, love and value. Could well be just a time thing; I can foresee that if I played the Tokai every day for a year I could possibly struggle to sell it :?:

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

Conway wrote:Now the wait for Customs to ask me to touch my toes (TM Kiwiaxe).
It's bad enough knowing you're going to get told to spread 'em, but the goddam waiting... just get it over and done with already!
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2264 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

el byrdo wrote:An RCA ecc82 for the VOX a straight 6 (it stopped working and I suspect the tube..) could be a good tone upgrade too. I'm planning on using the vox for my high gain lead sound.

Also this speaker! cheap alnico goodness
https://www.trademe.co.nz/browse/Listin ... 4273ff-005
depending on the ohms it will either be paired with the Celestion gold of Goodmans audiom 50

Also scored like 8 speaker cables... including two 6m jack to speakon which is what I need
You really do buy the weirdest shit :) You've overtaken singlecoil....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

el byrdo wrote:LOL it's not THAT weird. Tubes and speakers on a budget. I'm just a broke tone junkie.
aren't we all... well mostly.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

el byrdo wrote:not COnway
He's an old man, maybe he deserves it ;) and his neighbours hate him :)

Candeevr4
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 265 times

Post by Candeevr4 »

Not in the post, but have just arrived on my desk:

Now to turn the sg back to a r'n'r machine, might just send it to Rob to sort out my coil tap wiring.

Unless Matt @ tonelounge gets onto the sg wiring kits. ;)

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7727 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Post by jeremyb »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
Molly wrote:I can't understand what I was thinking. I suspect we get something into our heads; some GAS-induced blindness, and can't see the value in the stuff we already have.
Yeah I think that sums it up well. I was fully prepared to sell both of my main pedals, my LP and even my AC30 just to essentially trade it for one guitar that likely wouldn't have been any better than the Tokai LP I have now. Maybe I need to allow myself more time to bond with what I have, maybe that's why I never contemplated selling the Laney as I feel as if I'm somehow more connected to it. Both the AC30 and the Tokai are ridiculously good, but right now they're more just innate pieces of gear rather than something I own, love and value. Could well be just a time thing; I can foresee that if I played the Tokai every day for a year I could possibly struggle to sell it :?:
One day you will want what you need, not need what you want :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2488 times
Been liked: 2799 times

Post by Molly »

Kluson Supreme 18:1 nickel tuners for my '03 CS Strat.

The gear lash in the existing tuners takes the piss. Even the pretty new Journeyman CS Strat I was considering the other day had worn tuners.

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

jeremyb wrote:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
One day you will want what you need, not need what you want :)
Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator
Tin arse!!