The 'traders to avoid' thread

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Mini Forklift
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: The 'traders to avoid' thread

Post by Mini Forklift »

KNNZ wrote:so raid0 has expressed interest to buy my LP... should I just ignore? lol
Yeah I’d ignore him too, more trouble than he’s worth. Honestly can’t imagine him going through with it anyway, not like there’s any amazingly rare and expensive NOS preamp tubes involved in your sale

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

KNNZ wrote:so raid0 has expressed interest to buy my LP... should I just ignore? lol
Based on my experience, yes. Absolutely. He will fuck and fart you around endlessly. Just block his email / phone etc. and don't waste another second.

dylan
Gibson
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by dylan »

Bg wrote:I think we moved it because it was a bit fucked up. Be good to have a sober reflection from both parties though.
Hey all, i guess its time for a least one post from my shame corner regarding the trade DC22 / Majesty trade with Chrisbower.

TLDR - guitar i sent had wear that i had not noticed when documenting condition to Chris, i payed him half the compensation money he asked for, by the time i had saved up the last of the extra money he wanted he had made the mean thread about me and i could not bring myself to send him any more cash. He got $600 + the DC-22 as payment for the Majesty.

Here are some photos that i emailed Chris before the trade showing the imperfections that i had noticed...

Chris firesold the DC-22 for $1650, so including the $600 he got $2250 for the Majesty which is actually about right for a 1st generation. (The fancy ones go for about 2.5k 2nd hand).

If i ever list a guitar here again i will make sure to upload tens of photos documenting condition. There was no deliberate scammage by me, but i do acknowledge that the guitar had dings that i had not noticed. I really don't want an online back n forth shitshow, so will do my best not to respond to any flamage regarding this post. ( BTW for those that might want to blacklist me on TM my username is mildewman )
:evil: Mids so haunting that demons took over my living room and now my guitar glows! :evil:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

Is the offer two JD Screamers and cash his way? :lol:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 352 times

Post by WellyBlues »

dylan wrote:
Bg wrote:I think we moved it because it was a bit fucked up. Be good to have a sober reflection from both parties though.
Hey all, i guess its time for a least one post from my shame corner regarding the trade DC22 / Majesty trade with Chrisbower.
Hey Dylan, I can't comment on the rights and wrongs of it all but good on you for coming back in and posting your side. I understand how these things can be difficult to come back to when they have turned pear-shaped.

Onwards and upwards.
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Kudos for posting Dylan.

dylan
Gibson
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by dylan »

Wow, i really did not expect such a warm welcome. Its giving me "the feels" as the young people say. Thanks heaps for the kind words and likes.
:evil: Mids so haunting that demons took over my living room and now my guitar glows! :evil:

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by The Scarecrow »

dylan wrote:Wow, i really did not expect such a warm welcome. Its giving me "the feels" as the young people say. Thanks heaps for the kind words and likes.
2 sides to all stories, and i think the fact you've come out non-defensively and quite open about it all goes a long way. :thumbup:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

Anyone who has dealt with old mate CB prob isn't surprised.I'd never deal with him again.He's all about scooping a low ball deal but then if he's loses money he's getting burnt?GOMFL

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 738 times
Been liked: 511 times

Post by Zaulkin »

Kris wrote:Anyone who has dealt with old mate CB prob isn't surprised.I'd never deal with him again.He's all about scooping a low ball deal but then if he's loses money he's getting burnt?GOMFL
Who's CB?

You didn't mean BG did you?

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

Zaulkin wrote:
Kris wrote:Anyone who has dealt with old mate CB prob isn't surprised.I'd never deal with him again.He's all about scooping a low ball deal but then if he's loses money he's getting burnt?GOMFL
Who's CB?

You didn't mean BG did you?
I think cb is the other party. Had to look up gomfl though...
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Kris »

yeah was referring to Chris.Fuckin millennials and their acronyms, they already ruined FTW.I was meaning remove yourself from my grass verge in a forceful manner, but apparently it has some sort of dance battle flexing association(this week)

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Kris »

perhaps GOMfL? or gomFl?

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Post by Single coil »

Gtfo is fine too
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Single coil wrote:Gtfo is fine too
Or STFD