Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Re: Disappointing product range in NZ

Post by Molly »

mrmofo wrote:problem I have found is in NZ it is almost impossible to sell a Hamer for any where near its worth.
personal problem, no one cares. would rather have a new relic than a classic. boooooooo
There's an old Steve Steven's at Peach Guitars, UK I was looking at. About 700 quid. Not often you see them even here.

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by mrmofo »

Molly wrote:I tried to buy my Victory head through the NZ dealer but his 'You will do this at my convenience so must wait until it suits me to sell you one' attitude had me ordering from Andertons. Arrived within a few days and was a bit cheaper.
this is so true, utterly annoying and I`m almost back where I was 20 years ago when I read this.

nz retailers live in a bubble:
small country=large profit
and
another
BOOOOOOOO
There are still some that think the neck PU is moved to accommodate the extra frets which only proves they cannot detect the difference in length of each.

MakoGat
Squier
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 115 times

Post by MakoGat »

So, we are gear craving, pedal collecting, internet (or magazine) junkies wanting to try or buy goods we see online that are not available locally (Now there's an opportunity!) and hence why we buy from overseas. Its what we love so fair enough.

I was recently told "most stores" wont stock certain "big name" (like top 2) products because they have their own competing brands. And when approaching said "big name" importer I was told they could put me through one of the "most stores", now why would I do that if they don't stock the item I'm after or items I would buy anyway.

The problem I now have is I have a decent number of high cost items to find overseas, deal with multiple suppliers from different countries, delivery times, pay the freight and the GST. The funny thing is, I like the idea. While I'm at it ill be asking for a dealer application and buy a whole bunch of stuff and sell it to you guys - SERIOUS

MakoGat
Squier

Post by MakoGat »

Kev77 wrote:It’s the price of living at the end of the world.
It shouldn't be!

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by mrmofo »

Molly wrote:
mrmofo wrote:problem I have found is in NZ it is almost impossible to sell a Hamer for any where near its worth.
personal problem, no one cares. would rather have a new relic than a classic. boooooooo
There's an old Steve Steven's at Peach Guitars, UK I was looking at. About 700 quid. Not often you see them even here.
I know of only one in NZ, to my eyes the Steve Stevens looks like a special put through the sander with a trem. LIKE!
probably a bargain at that price considering what it is
Last edited by mrmofo on Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are still some that think the neck PU is moved to accommodate the extra frets which only proves they cannot detect the difference in length of each.

MakoGat
Squier

Post by MakoGat »

Molly wrote:I tried to buy my Victory head through the NZ dealer but his 'You will do this at my convenience so must wait until it suits me to sell you one' attitude had me ordering from Andertons. Arrived within a few days and was a bit cheaper.
This is the experience I've had today, I know how you feel.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2255 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

shits going to hit the fan in october.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

MakoGat
Squier

Post by MakoGat »

Bg wrote:shits going to hit the fan in october.
Do tell?

higainer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by higainer »

While I sympathize with your frustration, it merely reflects the reality of our small market.
If I can’t find what I want locally I have no hesitation buying offshore.
In this day & age it’s a non issue.

MakoGat
Squier

Post by MakoGat »

So if some more products / options were available locally would you still shop overseas given perhaps paying the GST on more expensive items?

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

werdna wrote:I was used to NZ shops. When I went to the Guitar Centre in LA, I was so excited that a small amount of urine escaped into my trousers.
Was it yours or the salesman ?
:mental:

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

MakoGat wrote:
Do tell?
GST on online shopping, if you're thinking of being an importer you should probably be aware of this...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Olderama wrote:
werdna wrote:I was used to NZ shops. When I went to the Guitar Centre in LA, I was so excited that a small amount of urine escaped into my trousers.
person for ffs...

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

Bg wrote:
Olderama wrote:
person for ffs...
Salesmanperson?
:mental:

MakoGat
Squier

Post by MakoGat »

Bg wrote:
MakoGat wrote:
Do tell?
GST on online shopping, if you're thinking of being an importer you should probably be aware of this...

Gotcha BG
Overseas companies selling goods online into New Zealand will soon be required to collect GST in the same way as domestic retailers.
New rules would be aimed at imported goods valued at or below $1,000. Customs would retain responsibility for collecting GST on imported parcels valued more than $1,000.