Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 737 times
Been liked: 511 times

Re: The Best 'Cheap' Pedals

Post by Zaulkin »

I've been eyeing up the Black Devil pedal I've wanted for a little bit, decided to snag one. They seem to just be a really good idea - A tiny preamp with two channels that automatically save, as well as reverb and cab modelling.

That'll be a nice backup 'rig'. Hope it's good! Will report back...

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1777 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

Zaulkin wrote:I've been eyeing up the Black Devil pedal I've wanted for a little bit, decided to snag one. They seem to just be a really good idea - A tiny preamp with two channels that automatically save, as well as reverb and cab modelling.

That'll be a nice backup 'rig'. Hope it's good! Will report back...
with all those features it sounds "too good to be true" haha but looking forward to your review!!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

My Joyo analog delay arrived today, fresh from Choyna, had a quick play, does the business, on a short setting it does this really cool spring reverb like tone, and then you can do all the crank the controls to make it feedback like crazy and twist them about to make cool noises, having owned a carbon copy I'd say it's not a direct copy as some might suggest, but similar circuit as it uses the same PT2399, it's a tad brighter than a CC as well, for < $40 delivered it's exceptional!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

el byrdo wrote:cool I'm looking for a delay, might consider
If you do, grab one on aliexpress, they're often on there for about $38 with free shipping :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Zaulkin »

I got that cheapy looper.

It loops! Can't complain at all really. Will be very handy.

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Zaulkin »

Got the Black Devil by Donner too, which I wanted for a while.

It's pretty much everything I wanted. Sounds darn good. There is one problem that I can't seem to figure out though - it makes a hum when the guitar volume is at 0. But turn up to 10% and that's gone.

Still a worthy backup. Full review to come.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Hopefully my mooer tender octaver will arrive soon, finish off my pedalboard (yeah right...) It's an easy choice now we know it's an exact clone of the nano pog, doh!

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

EHX Soul Food. There's way more expensive Klon clones out there but the moment you start looking you're into diminishing returns.

Mooer Eleclady. Swooshy, swirly flange for few dollars.

I own some sort of Joyo OD that works well with Strats. Well my mate's one does, I paid Bg for mine months ago and he still hasn't given it to me.

Second hand Boss are cheap; nothing better.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Keen on a mooer mod factory mk ii, pretty neat pedal!!

candiman
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by candiman »

I think Dave from guitarstuff.co.nz carries very reasonably priced Joyo pedals if you want a local dealer. He also has some kind of time machine that has the pedals delivered about the same time as you click the order button... might be worth considering over Ali Express? Looks like the delay is out of stock though.

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Post by Single coil »

North island Dave ftw
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

candiman wrote:I think Dave from guitarstuff.co.nz carries very reasonably priced Joyo pedals if you want a local dealer. He also has some kind of time machine that has the pedals delivered about the same time as you click the order button... might be worth considering over Ali Express? Looks like the delay is out of stock though.
Yeah I've bought a couple of joyo pedals from him before, also the stomper guy on TradeMe too :)

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Got a caline orange burst (BB preamp) and pure sky (Timmy) coming, see if I like the circuits :)
Last edited by jeremyb on Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

So apparently the ehx crayon is a barely modified BB preamp.... In light of their case against mooer there's a certain irony in this!