ABR-1 bridge question

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Mini Forklift
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

ABR-1 bridge question

Post by Mini Forklift »

Have just bought a replacement 'aged' bridge for my LP, potentially stupid question...

Do I need to match the settings of my current one in order for the intonation to be spot on, or is does every bridge need to be set individually? Cheers :thumbup:

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Re: ABR-1 bridge question

Post by codedog »

I'm guessing it depends on the exact dimensions. If they're almost identical then set the saddles roughly like the old one, then adjust as necessary. My ears are not even in the same universe as "pitch perfect" so that's been fine for me. You can adjust from there if you can hear any problems with intonation.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

codedog wrote:I'm guessing it depends on the exact dimensions. If they're almost identical then set the saddles roughly like the old one, then adjust as necessary. My ears are not even in the same universe as "pitch perfect" so that's been fine for me. You can adjust from there if you can hear any problems with intonation.
That's kind of what I had assumed I'd need to do. Intonation drives me nuts, if it's even a little off it becomes like some crazy OCD or something :crazy:

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Post by Single coil »

Start again with the tuner
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Just don't play past the first few frets!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.