Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by Conway »

jeremyb wrote:
Conway wrote:Probably just works on a flat fee, no matter what you buy, like Thomann (which is 50 Euro).
Yeah, thats quite annoying, altho' has been good in the past when i've bought a few bigger items :)
It's an incentive for you to buy more, to make it worthwhile. I'm sure you can find some other things you need.
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7688 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Conway wrote:
jeremyb wrote:
Conway wrote:Probably just works on a flat fee, no matter what you buy, like Thomann (which is 50 Euro).
Yeah, thats quite annoying, altho' has been good in the past when i've bought a few bigger items :)
It's an incentive for you to buy more, to make it worthwhile. I'm sure you can find some other things you need.
More like want, but yeah, annoying when I've bought single pedals in the past and the shipping was cheap as!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 808 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

el byrdo wrote:Eminence legend... anyone got any opinions. not sure exactly what legend it is... it's a fender oem out of a hotrod deluxe..
I've had them
Heavy ceramic good run of the mill American voiced speaker. Fairly bullet proof. If the price is right then I wouldn't hesitate. I prefer them to ceramic Jensen alternatives

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 808 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

el byrdo wrote:I got it for 130 shipped. Going to put it in my laney vc30. The celestion gold and an etone are going in my holden cab.
I'd say it's be a good match for the Laney.

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 247 times

Post by griff »

el byrdo wrote:Eminence legend... anyone got any opinions. not sure exactly what legend it is... it's a fender oem out of a hotrod deluxe..
I have a GB128. Awesome speaker. It's a Greenback clone

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by sty »

Not guitar related but possibly music related since it's for my MacBookPro

My current laptop/work bag is a small daybag made by an old skate/urban brand called Animal and is getting rather old seeing as it's probably over 22 years old now and has been around the world a fair few times. I've been keeping an eye out for a really good reliable replacement and finally got tipped off to a US brand called Tom Bihn and was recommended one of these

It's a Ristretto Messenger Bag. I've been umming and ahhhing over it for a few weeks and finally decided to jump in and grab one before they sold out again.

Now I'm sitting here watching the UPS Tracker site to see as it makes it's way here, currently it's just left Honolulu :)

I'm hoping it's as good as I was expecting because I got gouged on shipping so it's pretty expensive, but I absolutely must have something rock solid and reliable.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

sty wrote:Not guitar related but possibly music related since it's for my MacBookPro

My current laptop/work bag is a small daybag made by an old skate/urban brand called Animal and is getting rather old seeing as it's probably over 22 years old now and has been around the world a fair few times. I've been keeping an eye out for a really good reliable replacement and finally got tipped off to a US brand called Tom Bihn and was recommended one of these

Now I'm sitting here watching the UPS Tracker site to see as it makes it's way here, currently it's just left Honolulu :)

I'm hoping it's as good as I was expecting because I got gouged on shipping so it's pretty expensive, but I absolutely must have something rock solid and reliable.
When I was issued with my latest laptop it came with a padded rucksack-type affair. F'kin' useless if you've got to carry anything other than the laptop itself. I carry shitloads of paper and other resources around with me all day so need a monster-big, proper laptop case. :thumbup:

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by sty »

Molly wrote: When I was issued with my latest laptop it came with a padded rucksack-type affair. F'kin' useless if you've got to carry anything other than the laptop itself. I carry shitloads of paper and other resources around with me all day so need a monster-big, proper laptop case. :thumbup:
I don't like massive bags, and I bloody hate those nasty briefcase looking laptop bags - probably because I was given one with the nastiest laptop I've ever been forced to use (A Tecra something something piece of shit), but this one is supposed to have loads of space and pockets for other stuff.

It can take another device like an iPad, books, pens, wallets, has a big pocket on bag for magazine or documents, so hopefully will cover most of my bases.

I'm intending this to be my day bag, but be able to do a full round the world carry on bag holding all my tech and in flight needs

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

sty wrote:Not guitar related but possibly music related since it's for my MacBookPro

It's a Ristretto Messenger Bag. I've been umming and ahhhing over it for a few weeks and finally decided to jump in and grab one before they sold out again.

That does look nice, but no good for me as I like to have a wine chiller pocket :(
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Thanks Conway!! Really looking forward to this one arriving!!! Really miss my old musket v2, and altho' the blunderbuss side is a derivative of the musket I reckon it sounds awesome!

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

Whoops.

Loving it so far

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Got a pair of 1970’s RCA Black Plate 6L6’s from PaulWD yesterday. Will drop them in my amp tomorrow

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Taking a punt on a chinese strandberg-esque headless guitar... They just dropped $200 off the price for a few days so I figure I've got that in reserve to fix the things that are wrong, that'll easily cover a decent setup and fret levelling etc, these NK guitars seem to review fairly well, so why not!

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Post by Single coil »

Yeah righto!
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Aged ABR-1 bridge for my LP turned up in the mail yesterday, looks great. Ordered myself this book, should be a great read as it's nearly 500 pages :thumbup: