jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7688 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Clone pedals taken to another level?

Post by jeremyb »

Check these out: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-Qu ... 82352.html

Also theres some DIY Klon and other kits available: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/ ... 12621.html

Tempted to try one of the Klon kits out, who knows what the replica ones are like.. Joyo in a correctly painted box perhaps?
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2466 times

Re: Clone pedals taken to another level?

Post by Slowy »

You really shouldn’t encourage this bullshit Jb.
I just want the Chinese to start making stuff that’s worth ripping off wholesale. See how the feckers like that.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

kwhelan
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 93 times

Post by kwhelan »

by the time that happens they will be in control anyway. they just close shit down they don't like and shoot people, There's no discussion

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote:You really shouldn’t encourage this bullshit Jb.
I just want the Chinese to start making stuff that’s worth ripping off wholesale. See how the feckers like that.
I don't think I'm encouraging it, I think most people on here know they will be lower quality facsimiles of the real thing :)

There is a movement for chinese companies now to do their own R&D and make their own unique stuff like Mooer and Joyo are doing :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

By encourage, I meant ‘buy’. :)
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

I have a lot of respect for Mooer. They do some good stuff.

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

Slowy wrote:I have a lot of respect for Mooer. They do some good stuff.
ElectroHarmonix agrees.
Tin arse!!

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

More so, stop online shopping JB!!!!
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

GrantB wrote:
More so, stop online shopping JB!!!!
Meh, spent way more at the rockshop 2 days ago than I've spent online in guitar gear in a couple of years :thumbup:

NZRS-Dave
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by NZRS-Dave »

Yeah ... no dis to JB but I am not a fan of cheap chinese copy / clone stuff including kits ... even just buying to see how it is. Every sale legitimizes their business model.

But I can see how it's intriguing to people and the low cost is more of a 'ah well ... if it's shit ... it didn't cost much'
Yup - that's me and my pal Steve or little stevie vai as I like to call him. In Auckland airport when I was 26. I'm not 26 anymore.

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

Several years ago (while still in the USA) I bought a fake Chibson based exactly on that logic (how bad can it be?)

Well it was indeed that bad—worse in fact.

The story has a happy ending though, I took it to the local music store (where strangely I was well known) and the owner bought it off me for more than I paid for it. He reckoned it would help him sell more real Gibsons if he could show the customers just how bad the fakes are.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

It's not the copying of the circuits that bothers me, (though a Timmy with no switch is no Timmy) it's the wholesale rip off of the visual design including Brand and Logo.

There's a simple 5 letter word for this activity; Fraud.

It is designed to represent something it isn't. It is a virus that infects our second hand markets and destroys our ability to trust them.
It sucks, it's wrong and it makes me extremely hostile.

Every single one should be landfilled at the border.

/rant

kwhelan
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 93 times

Post by kwhelan »

compared to things like cloned pharmaceuticals, guitar pedals are not high on the list,
and they do have R& D , they have just landed on the moon FFS
doubt they cloned Apollo but maybe all those tourists with their nikons visiting cape canaveral were actually spies

NZRS-Dave
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by NZRS-Dave »

Slowy said - "destroys our ability to trust them"

That's good for me as a retailer though in both the new and second hand markets
Yup - that's me and my pal Steve or little stevie vai as I like to call him. In Auckland airport when I was 26. I'm not 26 anymore.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

NZRS-Dave wrote:Slowy said - "destroys our ability to trust them"

That's good for me as a retailer though in both the new and second hand markets
Slight tangent - does RS have a "second hand market"? Last time I spoke to RS about a trade in or similar the response was a well rehearsed "we don't do second hand goods". Was a long time ago though....
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves