SX Guitars

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 737 times
Been liked: 511 times

Re: SX Guitars

Post by Zaulkin »

My first guitar was a red SX strat. Apart from the colour I found it to be pretty much rubbish. Wouldn't stay in tune for longer than 30 seconds and felt quite awkward, I think there was something wrong with the neck. Pickups were terrible and eventually stopped working after about 2 months since the purchase.

I think It's more of a lottery to be honest. If I could get my hands on a good SX tele neck and body for cheap I wouldn't mind stripping the paint/frets/everything off and going from there but I don't think the rest of it would be worth using.

Don't SX use DR.parts parts anyway?

crushing day
The Mystical Potato Head

Post by crushing day »

SX are Dr Parts .. same business :)
what we've got here is failure to communicate... some men you just can't reach

Vorbis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Vorbis »

Zaulkin wrote:My first guitar was a red SX strat. Apart from the colour I found it to be pretty much rubbish. Wouldn't stay in tune for longer than 30 seconds and felt quite awkward, I think there was something wrong with the neck. Pickups were terrible and eventually stopped working after about 2 months since the purchase.

I think It's more of a lottery to be honest. If I could get my hands on a good SX tele neck and body for cheap I wouldn't mind stripping the paint/frets/everything off and going from there but I don't think the rest of it would be worth using.

Don't SX use DR.parts parts anyway?
Ahh...you shoulda bought the Custom Hand Made SX.
She told me baby when you race today just take along my love with you, and if ya knew how much I love you baby, nothin' could go wrong with you.

Timoes
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 270 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Timoes »

I wonder how much "handmade" goes into the SX custom....

But this one is a goodie.
Attachments
IMG_7718 (600 x 450).jpg
You Should Never Smoke in Pjamas. FZ.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

dredge from the past ;)
I was talking to mr werdna today, and I realised one of my best purchases was the sx LP I got last year. It weighs 3 metric tonnes but sounds every bit like an LP. Something about it is right and I can't put my finger on it, I put my epiphone alnico pro humbuckers in it, and the stetsbar trem lives there. Its so cheap I can do what I want with it - stripped the neck back etc. Was quite prepared to do some fretwork but have never had to touch it.

For a guitar that ended up owing me 80 bucks, I'm more than chuffed.

I have most of an sx tele still as well. The body I refinished in black nitro a few years ago. I used the neck on another guitar - its a great neck! So the body has been bouncing around in the workshop getting very reliced without any physical effort :) Time to rebuild I think!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 737 times
Been liked: 511 times

Post by Zaulkin »

10 year dredge!

Well, thinking back knowing what I do now, my SX Strat probably wasn't too bad. I just didn't know how to get the most out of it.

I have played some SX guitars that were pretty good.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

Zaulkin wrote:10 year dredge!

Well, thinking back knowing what I do now, my SX Strat probably wasn't too bad. I just didn't know how to get the most out of it.

I have played some SX guitars that were pretty good.
Yeah, we've had some dredges lately, I thought it was my time ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.