rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 651 times

introducing my new band: The Boss

Post by rickenbackerkid »

few fellow musos and i were discussing ideas for a new working band a few years ago.
Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Gunners, CCR, Bee Gees, there's a shedload of tribute bands, some good some terrible.
But NZ doesn't have a Springsteen Tribute band, so about 3 years later, we've started one.

Here's our first clip from our rehearsal space, and we've booked our first gig on the 30th of march.
Will be a pair of tickets up for grabs for nzguitars people closer to the day!

Bloody fun being in such a big band - it means you can dig deep into the song and find all the interesting bits so it's been a lot of fun already.

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 283 times

Re: introducing my new band: The Boss

Post by Kev77 »

Ghost of Tom joad. Def in my top 5 albums of all time. Great looking band
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

not a fan of Springsteen at all but man that sounds great ... good luck man, I think you guys have found an untaped market
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

willow13 wrote:not a fan of Springsteen at all but man that sounds great ... good luck man, I think you guys have found an untaped market
this, can't stand him.... but happy for you ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 239 times
Been liked: 1040 times

Post by kdawg2a »

That sounds fballs cool.
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 352 times

Post by WellyBlues »

Kev77 wrote:Ghost of Tom joad. Def in my top 5 albums of all time. Great looking band
The version Springsteen does with Pete Seeger is fantastic. On the Sowing the Seeds complication album. I bought just that track not the whole album.

Tom Joad is a fantastic album, just wish Springsteen's vocals were clearer. For me, he tends to slur a bit. But my hearing is rubbish. Love 'The River' and Born in the USA.

Sounds good Ben, all the best for it.
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 651 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

Bg wrote:
willow13 wrote:not a fan of Springsteen at all but man that sounds great ... good luck man, I think you guys have found an untaped market
cheers! to be honest, when we started, I only really knew the classic pop tunes, Dancing in the Dark, born the USA, etc, etc. I like those tunes OK, but down't love them. I was happily suprised to explore the Springsteen back catalogue and find dozens of amazing songs from every era. Some absolute gold in there!
Cheers - that's the idea and I hope we can get some good gigs. Band is sounding bloody good, if I do say so myself . . .
kdawg2a wrote:That sounds fballs cool.
I was really stoked with how this sounds. I recorded about 26 channels of audio off our sound console and the band and everyone's tones were so good that it took me about 15 minutes to mix the track. So rad to have a singer who sounds like Bruce! :mental:
Kev77 wrote:Ghost of Tom joad. Def in my top 5 albums of all time. Great looking band
I'm trying to convince the lads+lady that we should play both the Electric version of Ghost of Tom Joad and the original acoustic version :-)

Cheers for the kind words, everyone!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

Pretty awesome effort, dude has great vocals too!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2466 times

Post by Slowy »

Yep, that works. That's my idea of a really good time. Good luck holding that many members together and I mean that genuinely.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

So rad to have a singer who sounds like Bruce! :mental:
Mate, that sounded fantastic! Please pass on compliments to the singer and sax player. You need these two for sure, hang on to them....
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 239 times
Been liked: 1040 times

Post by kdawg2a »

Would totally go out of my way to see live.
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

bbrunskill wrote:
Bg wrote:
cheers! to be honest, when we started, I only really knew the classic pop tunes, Dancing in the Dark, born the USA, etc, etc. I like those tunes OK, but down't love them. I was happily suprised to explore the Springsteen back catalogue and find dozens of amazing songs from every era. Some absolute gold in there!
I used to car share with a guy a longtime ago who played nothing but springsteen on the hour long journey to and from work. After awhile I wanted to kill him and it put me off springsteen for life. I've heard his entire early discography many times :(
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2466 times

Post by Slowy »

Rock'nRoll is joyous.
If you find the groove, don't matter whose songs you're playing.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 1398 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

I like Springsteen, your band sounds great :thumbup:
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 590 times
Been liked: 458 times

Post by werdna »

Sounds great. Singer sings better than the Boss.
In life, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.