Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 57 times

Re: What's In The Pipeline?

Post by Rog »

If my Agile is anything to go by - great value for money!!
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

Braden-M-50
Ashton
Ashton
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Braden-M-50 »

So far :
Getting a Zendrive clone built by Rocklander
Getting an 808 clone with a black toast built in by Rocklander
Getting a Vox time machine off Slash-Ed
Getting a Korg PB off Slash-Ed and some patch cables
Looking at buying a Godlyke from Guitarparts.
Oh and i just ordered 2x 12ft Lava Magma cables from ryan. And i also got tolex and handles and whatnot coming from ryan for my princeton build.

Bought a pedalboard in one night.... yikes.
Fender Strat w/ 57/62s ---> Ceriatone Princeton w/ Jensen P10R

Well Designed, Well Made tube amp + As little controls as possible = Best Possible tone

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3465 times
Been liked: 711 times

Post by Cdog »

Braden-M-50 wrote: Getting a Vox time machine off Slash-Ed
had a quick play with one on sunday, nice pedal

Ugh... a new job would rule! :(

I'm learning tube amp stuff...
got a valve hifi to repair
eyeing up this 18watt kit here... http://www.ampmaker.com/sl-18-18w-super ... 486-0.html

So all that and an ASH custom :D :D :D ... which might happen first cause the deposit is paid!

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

So this replaces "Projects in the Pipeline" thread? :wink:
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 590 times
Been liked: 458 times

Post by werdna »

A load of secret stuff to create the rig of doom.
In life, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

jvpp wrote:So this replaces "Projects in the Pipeline" thread? :wink:
No, thats still there viewtopic.php?f=42&t=26420

I just split my stuff out into a seperate thread as the original was in diy guitars.

So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 247 times

Post by griff »

For me it's setting up a true stereo rig for myself for a big live show in April.
2 tube amps
1 x 412 and a 212
1 x Multi fx unit with stereo outs.
I'm totally green to a setup like this, so I'm relying on interweb research and advice from wonderful peeps like yourselves.
A lot of tweaking and fiddling over the next couple of months.
Basically looking for advice on chorus/ delay settings etc for a big wide sound if y'all have any :D

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Cdog »

Necrobump!

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Cdog »

griff7628 wrote:For me it's setting up a true stereo rig for myself for a big live show in April.
2 tube amps
1 x 412 and a 212
I'm totally green to a setup like this, so I'm relying on interweb research and advice from wonderful peeps like yourselves.
Basically looking for advice on chorus/ delay settings etc for a big wide sound if y'all have any :D
Exciting bro! 8)
For my 2c... A big sound comes from the wide stereo spread, with the differences of the 2 sides combined. You've got 2 amps, that's great! Try different EQ settings each side, I used to shoot for slightly scooped sound one side and slightly mid-focussed the other. Will depend on your setup. Depending on your style of music, using different delay times per side can really help the bigness too. Or ping pongs. This is something you can work on, maybe borrow some gear and try it out... but I wouldn't get too distracted with it effects if you can' get your head around them, because 2 amps gets you most of the way... your performance and nailing those lines are going to be the main thing.

All of this is in vain if you can't work with your sound guy on the day. Take time to introduce yourself to them early in the setup, and explain the two amps to be miked, the stereo image you're going for, and how you'd like things panned if possible. (I perfer hard pan L&R). Then you just gotta trust them, they're usually are pretty good at what they do. :)

I used to have a better video breaking down some fx and amp combinations used with my Vetta back in the day... But this is a song cover that kinda shows how I would use delays and 2 amp models together for a stereo image.

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by griff »

Cdog wrote:
griff7628 wrote:For me it's setting up a true stereo rig for myself for a big live show in April.
2 tube amps
1 x 412 and a 212
Exciting bro! 8)
For my 2c... A big sound comes from the wide stereo spread, with the differences of the 2 sides combined. You've got 2 amps, that's great! Try different EQ settings each side, I used to shoot for slightly scooped sound one side and slightly mid-focussed the other. Will depend on your setup. Depending on your style of music, using different delay times per side can really help the bigness too. Or ping pongs. This is something you can work on, maybe borrow some gear and try it out... but I wouldn't get too distracted with it effects if you can' get your head around them, because 2 amps gets you most of the way... your performance and nailing those lines are going to be the main thing.

All of this is in vain if you can't work with your sound guy on the day. Take time to introduce yourself to them early in the setup, and explain the two amps to be miked, the stereo image you're going for, and how you'd like things panned if possible. (I perfer hard pan L&R). Then you just gotta trust them, they're usually are pretty good at what they do. :)

I used to have a better video breaking down some fx and amp combinations used with my Vetta back in the day... But this is a song cover that kinda shows how I would use delays and 2 amp models together for a stereo image.

Thanks CDog! Just the 2c I need man.
My 2nd amp is actually just a tube power amp that will replicate the original signal from my stereo fx unit. Although it does have Resonance and Presence dials, so I could use them to change the tone a bit. Also the cab that will be powering has different celestions than the 412.
Probably won't be miking the cabs on the night, will be an old and dirty, turn it up loud type setup.
I don't really want to drown my tone in effects, but thinking, like you said, a bit of ping pong stereo delay or similar will do the trick.

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by griff »

Also, that Vetta sounds really good man! Great playing

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

looks like it has also replaced the "whats in the mail" thread to :rofl:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Cdog »

griff7628 wrote:Also, that Vetta sounds really good man! Great playing
Thanks man :)

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

Bg wrote:TBH, I need to tidy my workshop out again before I do anything, at least rain won't stop that.
Yep, me too

:lol: :wink:
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by sty »

in the pipeline?

So this year seeing as I've finally got the new studio/man cave up and running pretty much I think I'll allow myself to get stuck in to completing the body and assembling the Korina Strat/Super Strat I have been moving around the store room for far too long.

I'm still torn on what finish it's going to get. I really wanted something in a solid colour but it's all just feeling too hard so maybe this will be yet another Tru-Oil wonder. I might have to venture into unknown territory and look at a black pick guard or something as it'll be pale Korina and Maple fingerboard with Black Gotoh/Floyd and hardware.

Probably got a lot of sanding to do yet though to get the body lovely and smooth, and I want a super high gloss finish if I'm doing TruOil I think