Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Mini Forklift
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by Mini Forklift »

Must say, I'm eagerly anticipating the day our stupidly oversized Christmas tree comes down and I can set my amps and cabs back up.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Post by codedog »

Just got an update from CourierPost saying my parcel is in the depot, "Waiting for courier"... no shit! That makes two of us!

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

Molly wrote:
jvpp wrote:Just give her a compliment and tell her you are still looking for the right guitar and that once you went through women like guitars.
Christ, if I'd ever gone through women like I go through guitars my cock would've fallen off.
Plus the way you expertly repackage for courier we could be looking at New Zealand's biggest serial killer :think:
:mental:

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Olderama wrote:
Molly wrote:
jvpp wrote:Just give her a compliment and tell her you are still looking for the right guitar and that once you went through women like guitars.
Christ, if I'd ever gone through women like I go through guitars my cock would've fallen off.
Plus the way you expertly repackage for courier we could be looking at New Zealand's biggest serial killer :think:
LOL. Body parts undeliverable and sitting in a dead letter box.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

codedog wrote:Just got an update from CourierPost saying my parcel is in the depot, "Waiting for courier"... no shit! That makes two of us!
Did it arrive?

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

Molly wrote:
codedog wrote:Just got an update from CourierPost saying my parcel is in the depot, "Waiting for courier"... no shit! That makes two of us!
Did it arrive?
No, I'm at the depot now and they're trying to find the box. From the chatter they're having trying to locate it the operation sounds somewhat inefficient.

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

LG soundbar to pair with our Xmas present from last year which was an LG flatscreen. Should enhance the Netflicking a bit.
Loving it so far

mule
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 518 times
Been liked: 163 times

Post by mule »

codedog wrote:
Molly wrote:
Did it arrive?
No, I'm at the depot now and they're trying to find the box. From the chatter they're having trying to locate it the operation sounds somewhat inefficient.
I ordered something through NZ Post recently, paying for overnight delivery. Halfway through the next day I was concerned by the item still being listed as waiting for pick-up. Called the support number and they assured me it had landed in town, and was either with a courier, or in the depot somewhere, but don't worry because if it doesn't arrive today (Friday) it'll be there Monday. Probably.

Ended up arriving at the end of the day, after which the tracking info all updated but it made me think: if your entire business is about getting packages from A to B, how are you so bad at knowing where those packages are?x

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

mule wrote:
codedog wrote:
Molly wrote:
Did it arrive?
I ordered something through NZ Post recently, paying for overnight delivery. Halfway through the next day I was concerned by the item still being listed as waiting for pick-up. Called the support number and they assured me it had landed in town, and was either with a courier, or in the depot somewhere, but don't worry because if it doesn't arrive today (Friday) it'll be there Monday. Probably.

Ended up arriving at the end of the day, after which the tracking info all updated but it made me think: if your entire business is about getting packages from A to B, how are you so bad at knowing where those packages are?x
Turned out a courier #66 had actually "claimed" my parcel for delivery or some such. He/she just assumed our office would be closed and was going to deliver it another day! I was about to ask which other day that would be, considering it's an overnight service, tomorrow our office is indeed closed being a Saturday, and Monday is even closer to another public holiday! W... T... F?!

Pretty sure there was a wee discussion around here in the past about how little couriers get paid. So... peanuts... monkeys... etc...

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

codedog wrote:
mule wrote:
codedog wrote:

Turned out a courier #66 had actually "claimed" my parcel for delivery or some such. He/she just assumed our office would be closed and was going to deliver it another day! I was about to ask which other day that would be, considering it's an overnight service, tomorrow our office is indeed closed being a Saturday, and Monday is even closer to another public holiday! W... T... F?!

Pretty sure there was a wee discussion around here in the past about how little couriers get paid. So... peanuts... monkeys... etc...
I'm certain the extra you pay Courier Post for overnight is complete bullshit. I sent that Les Paul to Auckland on a standard service. It was there next day. I brought down the Suhr overnight from Wellington and it took about four bloody days (there's no next-day guarantee). They don't run a 'slow lane' and 'fast lane'. It's exactly the same service. The Strat that arrived today was also on the standard service and, allowing for public holidays it too arrived, technically, overnight.

JHorner
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 488 times

Post by JHorner »

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Post by Single coil »

werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 807 times
Been liked: 1294 times

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

1967 Hofner 500/1m
My hofner bass fetish continues. I have a n 80s reissue of the 63-65 model with staple pickups.
This 500/1m is a bit of an oddball, note the different control plate with 'sound mix option'. ..but is a original 1967 with a groovy bound neck (unlike my reissue) Has had a neck reset by glyn amongst some other servicing things, new flat wound chromes and a pickup rewind.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

Needs a pickguard

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

Brilliant, well done.