An area to discuss erm... musicians?

Moderator: Capt. Black

Anvil Amps Alan
Gibson
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Been liked: 89 times

Steve Freeman

Post by Anvil Amps Alan »

My friend has recently published this to Youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHAJjEn ... ture=share
His previous songs on his channel he did at home when he was seriously ill with cancer.
I am happy to say that he beat the big C.
( cold processed Cannabis oil)
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a
delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an
unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 247 times

Re: Steve Freeman

Post by griff »

Great news about your friend! Can I ask what type of cancer he had?

Anvil Amps Alan
Gibson

Started as Bowel, had 1metre and tennis ball sized tumour removed.
Then it was found in Lymph system, lungs, liver and his Pancreas was absolutely caked in tumours.
Palliative care and 2 rounds of Chemo.
More or less "Get your affairs in order you're screwed" situation.
The bastards don't want people to grow their own cure.
unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by mrmofo »

it`s a shame, a Kiwi Scientist is the leading world authority and rags like the herald don't even ask her opinion when reporting on possible legalisation/legislation etc.
were still talking about reducing pain, when we know THC kills cancer cells.
There are still some that think the neck PU is moved to accommodate the extra frets which only proves they cannot detect the difference in length of each.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

There is no scientific evidence of the efficacy of THC for anything other than pain relief for cancer victims, yes it kills cancer cells in a petri dish, but your piss would likely do that too so maybe people should inject that? yeah nah, don't get me wrong, I think it has great potential for things like pain relief but it's not proven to be any kind of a miracle cure.

Human bodies have an amazing potential to cure themselves, the mind is the most powerful tool for healing, so if weed gets you in a good headspace then maybe thats what tips the balance :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 661 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

Anvil Amps Alan wrote:Started as Bowel, had 1metre and tennis ball sized tumour removed.
Then it was found in Lymph system, lungs, liver and his Pancreas was absolutely caked in tumours.
Palliative care and 2 rounds of Chemo.
More or less "Get your affairs in order you're screwed" situation.
The bastards don't want people to grow their own cure.
While I take the engineers approach to life, i.e. I need to see cold hard evidence before I believe something, my uncle was basically told to go home and say goodbye to his family after a prostate cancer diagnosis. That was about 6 years ago and while he hasn't been cured by cannabis, he had a pretty miserable existence on the approved pain meds, lots of side effects, in a drug induced stupor for most of his time. He's now self-medicating from his greenhouse and is pain free and is living, for all intents and purposes, a normal life. Doesn't seem to be going anywhere soon.

Edit: effectively what JB said, my uncle is a living example.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

Anvil Amps Alan
Gibson

jeremyb wrote:There is no scientific evidence of the efficacy of THC for anything other than pain relief for cancer victims, yes it kills cancer cells in a petri dish, but your piss would likely do that too so maybe people should inject that? yeah nah, don't get me wrong, I think it has great potential for things like pain relief but it's not proven to be any kind of a miracle cure.

Human bodies have an amazing potential to cure themselves, the mind is the most powerful tool for healing, so if weed gets you in a good headspace then maybe thats what tips the balance :)

I was sceptical too, I do not like the psychoactive component's effect and never use it recreationally.
However THC is chemically altered when heated and that's the stoner's aim.
The oil was cold processed.
I personally saw a man who was the walking dead come back to 100% health in 9 months and because he stopped using
Poisonous Chemo drugs the recovery was obviously possible only because of the compounds in his alternate medication.
The day after his first dose he threw away the morphine and started to get his appetite back.

There is plenty of credible scientific evidence on the net if you bother to look.

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Danger Mouse »

Anvil Amps Alan wrote:
There is plenty of credible scientific evidence on the net if you bother to look.
I have looked, sadly there is a lot of junk science masquerading as credible that does a good job of looking like real research. I am highly suspicious of it (engineer mentality again).

An old school mate's mum was found to be riddled with cancer and was offered all sorts of invasive treatment, she refused and just went home to die. After a while it was noted by her GP that she hadn't died, so she was encouraged in for more tests. She was clear of all cancer, no treatment, nothing, it had just gone. She was an excellent example of how individual examples and small sample sizes don't really prove anything.

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by mrmofo »

Last edited by mrmofo on Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are still some that think the neck PU is moved to accommodate the extra frets which only proves they cannot detect the difference in length of each.

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by mrmofo »

Last edited by mrmofo on Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Danger Mouse »

mrmofo wrote:
Danger Mouse wrote:
Anvil Amps Alan wrote:
I have looked, sadly there is a lot of junk science masquerading as credible that does a good job of looking like real research. I am highly suspicious of it (engineer mentality again).

An old school mate's mum was found to be riddled with cancer and was offered all sorts of invasive treatment, she refused and just went home to die. After a while it was noted by her GP that she hadn't died, so she was encouraged in for more tests. She was clear of all cancer, no treatment, nothing, it had just gone. She was an excellent example of how individual examples and small sample sizes don't really prove anything.
you looked in the wrong place.
Enlighten me then.

Anvil Amps Alan
Gibson

I am stepping away from this, I did not really want to start a debate.

Did anyone have a comment about the song he posted for the anniversary of Armistice day?

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 247 times

Post by griff »

I thought the song was lovely. I liked it. Well done to your friend.

It's not really a question of if Cannabis works or not because "it's not proven".. So what. If you're that deep in the sickness, try it anyway, what do you have to lose? If it were me, I'm not gonna say "um yeah this isn't really scientifically proven beyond all doubt so fuck it I'm not gonna go there"
Chemo has a terrible success rate so are you gonna hedge all your bets on that?
Science hasn't proven everything yet, it's an evolving thing. There are so many different ways to take the cannabis, strains, levels of cancer etc, it's highly doubtful lab studies have replicated all these scenarios.
My advice, if it's worth a damn, is we know you cannot OD on Cannabis - it's safe , so take it any way you can, as much as you can, as many strains as you can, because, why not?

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Chemo is poison, it kills everything, good and bad cells, they've now found with breast cancer that survival rate is higher if you don't have chemo!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

It also worth noting that body chemistry does vary, like some people are immune to testosterone, the powerful hormone that literally makes a man, man shaped. They end up the shape of prepubescent girls and need additional hormones to achieve an adult "female" shape if they choose to. They don't have ovaries, they have non-functional testicles and obviously can't conceive. Your body chemistry and physiology is potentially completely unique or at least very rare. I have a relative whose internal organs are in a mirror image position compared to "the average" male, it makes surgery and scans interesting.

Bear in mind as well the chemo drugs that are sold are mostly tested on "normal" young males. Cancer drugs are a little different, but only a little. Older men usually don't have the time or need the money badly enough to appear in drug trials. Women are excluded because it's considered too time consuming to factor in the influence of menstration and the potential damage to pregnancies etc. Breast cancer treatments in terminal patients are the exception. You can write books, thick books on the issues with drug trials.

It's also worth noting that the placebo effect is a real thing, approximately 30% of the population can be completely healed by drinking water that has a story attached to it, or sugar pills with a story attached to it. Healed.

The nocebo effect is also a real thing, about the same population can be harmed by the same water and/or sugar pills or indeed anything that has the right story attached to it. If you believe something is harmful to you strongly enough and you are part of the population that shows a sensitivity to the nocebo effect, it will harm you, whether or not the source is harmful to the rest of the non-nocebo population.

This is why drugs have to be shown to be more effective for more than 30% of the population, even if it's only by decimal points.

JB, there are drugs that are effective for breast cancer, they are also poison, but have been shown to keep more women alive than placebos.

Chemotherapy is poison. It's job is to kill cancer cells and unfortunately that usually means it will kill other cells as well, that what poison is. If you are lucky, you are the type of person who can take any treatment and it will benefit you. If you are unlucky, you are not and you have to resort to what has been shown to allow cancer patients to live a bit longer. If you are really unlucky it won't work for you.

It's important to note that people who choose to not have medically sanctioned treatments are not bad or good, nor are the people receiving treatment from the medical industry better or worse than anyone else.

Advocating ANY treatment based on one case of cancer or even ten cases is a very bad idea and runs the risk of victim blaming if you are a lay person. By advocating one thing over another may mean someone who could be reached by conventional medicine may skip it until it's too late. By condemning one treatment may make someone of the right disposition sicker than if nothing was said/published (nocebo). "X treatment didn't work for you? My mate had stage 4 cancer cured by it" is probably a really unpleasant thing to hear when you are about to die.

Anyone who survives advanced cancer is to be celebrated. Advocating their treatment may be well intentioned, but could cause more harm unless delivered with a great deal of care.

If we face cancer, we alone face the treatments and must make the decisions about them, it's hard enough after diagnosis but acquaintance's speculation and industry influenced propaganda don't always help.

And yes, medicinal cannabis is as much of a profit making industry as the established drug companies and just as subject to spinning positive stories.
Tin arse!!