jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Re: Boss GT-1000 Vs HeadRush?

Post by jeremyb »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
jeremyb wrote:You need to have a serious think about what you want out of this kind of purchase, because unless you have a clear purpose in mind for it, e.g. compact rig for gigging, flexible home recording option, then this kind of thing will not be for you :(
Mainly as something just to inspire creativity and have some fun. Highly likely I don't have enough 'reasons' for it to become a want or need.
Having used a number of these types of things over the years I don't think they inspire, more paralyse unless you know exactly what you want out of them, when I used to have an HD500 back in the day I was constantly uploading new patches, tweaking existing ones, ad infinitum rather than actually playing, but when I was in a band I knew exactly what sounds I wanted so I could then get creative with playing rather than tweaking... just my experience, not trying to rain on your impending NGD ;)

I tell you what I do find inspiring now tho', is a wah pedal and fuzz into the THR-10X, great variety of tones and effects in a small package that amp!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote: Thanks for that, I'll look into it :thumbup:
I like the look of the GT-1. Don't think you can four-cable it (if that matters to you).

chur
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 210 times

Post by chur »

For the price of these smaller multi units, I think my money would be just going on another Katana Amp. I use mine as just an amp with reverb and some delay, but via the PC studio suite surely it has enough variety to keep most tweakers happy. I know I spent hours diddling around with it for pure fun before just going back to normal amp use. Guess it depends on what you want to do and get out of the effects processor in the end.

Kind of off topic, but my $0.02 :think:
No one ever died of hard work.. but why take the risk..

sunburster
Squier
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by sunburster »

I owned a GT-100 unit before buying the GT-1000. The GT-100 sounds good, but the GT-1000 is a HUGE improvement, so much so I am often left flabbergasted at how good it sounds. I set up a couple custom patches and then just play. I don't tweak very much, but if you want you can tweak all sorts of things.

The modeling of the Roland JC-120 (one of my favorite amps) is superb on the GT-1000. I played a JC-120 for many years, and this sounds spot on to me. In comparison, the JC-120 modeling on the GT-100 always sounded sorta fake.

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 661 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

sunburster wrote: The modeling of the Roland JC-120 (one of my favorite amps) is superb on the GT-1000. I played a JC-120 for many years, and this sounds spot on to me. In comparison, the JC-120 modeling on the GT-100 always sounded sorta fake.
If that particular amp is your favourite profile then Nothing Else Matters.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

If you do a search for headrush you'll find my saga and why I'd not recommend, and why I'd go Helix LT over it every time.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Lyle
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 255 times

Post by Lyle »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
Bg wrote:Helix lt
Yes, but a bit of a jump in price. Nek level though I’m sure
The LT version is a similar price (cheaper on the rockshop website at the moment).

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by sirvill »

jeremyb wrote: Having used a number of these types of things over the years I don't think they inspire, more paralyse unless you know exactly what you want out of them, when I used to have an HD500 back in the day I was constantly uploading new patches, tweaking existing ones, ad infinitum rather than actually playing, but when I was in a band I knew exactly what sounds I wanted so I could then get creative with playing rather than tweaking... just my experience, not trying to rain on your impending NGD ;)
I have this experience too.

However being in a band the Helix is just fantastic - massive time saver and technically does everything I need really well. Super awesome for recording too, and dialling up new sounds I need is a breeze.

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1777 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

Black Friday Sales!

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

KNNZ wrote:Black Friday Sales!
Is Rockshop doing this??? I don't want any of those nasty digital multi pedals, obviously. But there might be other things...
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

KNNZ wrote:Black Friday Sales!
Assume NZRS will have one this year?

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1777 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

I have no idea but just hoping!!!

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

chur wrote:For the price of these smaller multi units, I think my money would be just going on another Katana Amp.
I'm possibly thinking of the Katana 50w (mainly just as a clean platform) partnered with the Boss GT-1 :?:

I kinda already have my 'dream rig' - JTM45 / Rotary & Bluesbreaker pedal / Strat/Les Paul. I'm just looking for something that's more of a plug in and play, fun setup.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Dude the Helix LT is a great price.
My potted history with Headrush:
Bought one, yeah fucking great - dead easy to edit, don't even need a pc/mac editor! Sounds as good as helix etc
3 months later. Shit it no longer wants to play with USB.
1 week later. Shit no longer booting up.
Swapped for new one
Yay back to normal, going to baby this one, turn power off before unplugging usb etc.
2 weeks later. Shit no longer recognising the usb drive, it knows theres a drive there but no longer talks to it.
1 day later. What drive?
yay swapped for number 3 - I love the interface, and how easy it is to edit.
SAME DAY - literally plugged usb in and upgraded the firmware, checked everything was working. Went away for half an hour.
Oh no usb connection anymore.
Took back to RS swapped for a Helix LT. No problems.

No offense to Boss, but I've never got on with their COSM thing, whereas Line6 has NEVER let me down. I'd love a headrush thats not flaky, but its a common problem and I suspect the majority of the ones in nz suffer from it, being in the same batch. I got 3 of the fuckers.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

oh and the obvious answers...
yes pc and mac, yes two pc's and two different mac pro laptops. and three different usb cables etc. I also made sure RS staff tested properly too.
and yes turning off and back on again just made Moss a bit antsy