NGD • 2014 Gibson Les Paul Traditional 120th Anniversary

Lets all drool over your stuff :)

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Mini Forklift
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: NGD • 2014 Gibson Les Paul Traditional 120th Anniversary

Post by Mini Forklift »

Replaced the barrel knobs with some dark amber top-hat knobs earlier this week, also gone for a plain truss rod cover. A nicely aged aluminium tailpiece turned up in the mail today, just put it on along with some new strings and a rather large glass of Shiraz :)

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1352 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

Lookin' good.

See, this is the beginning of throwing money at this thing! You have to get nickel covers for the pickups now, otherwise the tail piece will look out of place. And then,. replace the Nashville inserts with Faber conversion posts. Then buy an aged nickel Faber bridge to sit on top. Then the tuners. Then the wiring harness. .......when you're looking at the inlays you know you've gone too far.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 836 times
Been liked: 358 times

Post by jimi »

Looks cool, but makes me glad that when I got my LP, I plugged it in, played a chord and thought, "that sounds fuckin' perfect". No OCD tweaking required.

Actually it's a bit heavy... what would the damage be on taking the maple cap off, drilling some more swiss cheese into the body and then gluing it back on?

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

jimi wrote:Looks cool, but makes me glad that when I got my LP, I plugged it in, played a chord and thought, "that sounds fuckin' perfect". No OCD tweaking required.

Actually it's a bit heavy... what would the damage be on taking the maple cap off, drilling some more swiss cheese into the body and then gluing it back on?
Aluminium hardware might help the weight and the resonance too?
Tin arse!!

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1352 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

jimi wrote:Looks cool, but makes me glad that when I got my LP, I plugged it in, played a chord and thought, "that sounds fuckin' perfect". No OCD tweaking required.

That's a great idea. But you might damage the binding. This is a better way to achieve the goal.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Post by Single coil »

wait wtf
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Haha. Swiss cheese alright. Surprised at just how light the aluminium tailpiece is, my guitar was 4.2kg but now it’s probably dead on 4kg

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

GrantB wrote:

That's a great idea. But you might damage the binding. This is a better way to achieve the goal.
"Hold my drink and pass the router, I've got this sorted bro!"
Tin arse!!

werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 590 times
Been liked: 458 times

Post by werdna »

After all, when you're playing nobody can see the back of the guitar.
In life, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.