Jansen Owner Club

The vintage gear forum, named in honour of the hundreds of people left vintage samick guitars in an estate....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2466 times

Re: Jansen Owner Club

Post by Slowy »

Oh all right then.
IMGP0006.JPG
IMGP0219.JPG
Here's proper point to point wiring for you. :rofl:

Still my favourite amp. Paired with a Celestion Blue
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

Now that i have heard that 4/12 I wouldnt mind getting or making one. Any cicuit diagrams yous guys have?
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

jvpp wrote:Now that i have heard that 4/12 I wouldnt mind getting or making one. Any cicuit diagrams yous guys have?
Yeah, that’s an amp worth cloning! Ask Clarry?

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Jay »

Yip, will definitely go and see him, also will scour the web but thought someone on the forum might just have some good info.

H671
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by H671 »

jvpp wrote:Yip, will definitely go and see him, also will scour the web but thought someone on the forum might just have some good info.
Have you seen this site?

http://www.ozvalveamps.org/jansen.htm
Epiphone Riviera P93 & EJ200CE, Hagstrom Viking Bass, Doubleneck bass/guitar.
Rivera Clubster 45, Carvin AG100D, Ashton BSK158.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

bender wrote:
jvpp wrote:Now that i have heard that 4/12 I wouldnt mind getting or making one. Any cicuit diagrams yous guys have?
If there is someone who can do it, I'd make my amp available for non invasive mapping. I think it would be a cool project to be involved with. :thumbup:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Jay »

Slowy wrote:
bender wrote:
If there is someone who can do it, I'd make my amp available for non invasive mapping. I think it would be a cool project to be involved with. :thumbup:
I can certainly do that. Did the same with my Poweray. Let's see what is on the web first though.

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Jay »

H671 wrote:
jvpp wrote:Yip, will definitely go and see him, also will scour the web but thought someone on the forum might just have some good info.
Have you seen this site?

Yes browsed that site a while ago for a 6/20 diagram. Could not find it there and it does not mention the 4/12.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

jvpp wrote:
H671 wrote:
Have you seen this site?

Yes browsed that site a while ago for a 6/20 diagram. Could not find it there and it does not mention the 4/12.
4-12s are rare. I've only ever seen 2. Consider they were made in 1964, just as full stacks were taking over the world. Poor little fellas never stood a chance.

RectifiedAmps
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 200 times
Been liked: 240 times

Post by RectifiedAmps »

jvpp wrote:
H671 wrote:
Have you seen this site?

Just a thought - the current Jansen company still provides schematics for their old gear, when they exist. They charge a fee ($10 maybe?) but will email you a scanned copy. If it's something you're really after, I'd definitely check with them. Not that the 60's circuits are difficult to reverse-engineer, but it's not always as easy as you'd think to identify what's original and what's been modified over the subsequent 50+ years!

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Jay »

Good point. I shall call Simon and find out.

RectifiedAmps
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 200 times
Been liked: 240 times

Post by RectifiedAmps »

el byrdo wrote:no help with the impedance selector thing? I want to try it out with the gold before I sell it but it's currently set to 16 ohms. No idea what pins are for 8 ohm..
Here you go...
Attachments
IMG_2803.JPG

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

That 4/12 looks the biz. What’s the tube assemblage again Bruce?
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Jay »

Slowy wrote:
jvpp wrote:
H671 wrote:
Have you seen this site?

4-12s are rare. I've only ever seen 2. Consider they were made in 1964, just as full stacks were taking over the world. Poor little fellas never stood a chance.
Spoke to Clarry and he confirms they are rare and hasn't got any diagram. The good thing is he has repaired a couple and says the circuit is very simple.
Will call Simon tomorrow and if no luck I am offering to do the exploratory surgery... Perhaps a dedicated thread is warranted rather than annoying EB?

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

Just say no, if Simon offers you a 1 megawatt PA with a 789 i/o mixer desk. Stick to your guns.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.