Spot the Marshall

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Spot the Marshall

Post by jeremyb »

This is kinda cool, he did surprisingly well!

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Re: Spot the Marshall

Post by Single coil »

“Kempers don’t do that”
He’s buggered katanas for everyone :lol:
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by mrmofo »

damn, the Victory sounded great! Love that Jubilee too. would have loved to hear the 5150 on full blast.
There are still some that think the neck PU is moved to accommodate the extra frets which only proves they cannot detect the difference in length of each.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

He nailed the comment about the EVH. I find the same thing if I turn the gain right back it just sounds like a car that hasn't warmed up and is coughing
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

Single coil wrote:“Kempers don’t do that”
I've watched this a couple of times now and I decided to plugged the Kat in to the puter and emulate the tone they had with the NS on and YES there is a very "digital" noise happening when the NS wants to turn kick in...but... it is because they haven't even set it up. They have basically just plugged in and gone for it. By going into tone studio and actually setting it up right you completely eliminate those artifacts

So I think its a gross generalisation by chappers (and you :wink: :mrgreen: ) ... just like any pedal if you don't adjust it properly for the amp your are then it will not sound right

I mean look at the tone they had for the EVH...it sounded shit and nothing like the others until chappers had them turn the gain up a bit. The dude doing the testing failed to even remotely get the tone similar on that before starting the test

also katana $699 ... kemper $4,000 ... just saying :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Michael
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by Michael »

The Anderton's folks making everything sound like shit? SURELY NOT!

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Chappers tone probably sounds shit even before he plugs in.

werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 590 times
Been liked: 458 times

Post by werdna »

Amazing that Chappers guessed right.

In the end it's cork sniffing. All the amps sounded pretty good.
In life, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

It is cool tho' that he has enough experience with all these types of amps that he can pick them, doubt I could have guessed any of them :lol:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

I'm sure I could balls-up telling the difference between a Strat, Tele and an LP!

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

willow13 wrote:
I've watched this a couple of times now and I decided to plugged the Kat in to the puter and emulate the tone they had with the NS on and YES there is a very "digital" noise happening when the NS wants to turn kick in...but... it is because they haven't even set it up. They have basically just plugged in and gone for it. By going into tone studio and actually setting it up right you completely eliminate those artifacts

So I think its a gross generalisation by chappers (and you :wink: :mrgreen: ) ... just like any pedal if you don't adjust it properly for the amp your are then it will not sound right

I mean look at the tone they had for the EVH...it sounded shit and nothing like the others until chappers had them turn the gain up a bit. The dude doing the testing failed to even remotely get the tone similar on that before starting the test

also katana $699 ... kemper $4,000 ... just saying :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
That Pedal Show were really scathing of the Boss PW10, but I noticed they had turned the gain on, which means they weren't just using the wah modelling, they had activated an additional drive pedal model. So of course the tone was weird and compressed for a crybaby model. The instructions are even printed on the bottom of the pedal FFS.
Tin arse!!

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

Terexgeek wrote: That Pedal Show were really scathing of the Boss PW10, but I noticed they had turned the gain on, which means they weren't just using the wah modelling, they had activated an additional drive pedal model. So of course the tone was weird and compressed for a crybaby model. The instructions are even printed on the bottom of the pedal FFS.
i'm sure some elitist corksniffing comes into stuff like that

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 661 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

willow13 wrote:

In fairness they did mention both of those in the vid.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

chur
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 210 times

Post by chur »

Terexgeek wrote: That Pedal Show were really scathing of the Boss PW10, but I noticed they had turned the gain on, which means they weren't just using the wah modelling, they had activated an additional drive pedal model. So of course the tone was weird and compressed for a crybaby model. The instructions are even printed on the bottom of the pedal FFS.
I've tried several times, I just can't gel with that YT channel. I think its the length of their shows and my attention span, which runs out around the 10 min mark.
No one ever died of hard work.. but why take the risk..

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

Does TPS film in the same place as the Chappers vids? Rooms look pretty similar.
Loving it so far