Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Re: NGD: Julia - Doozy goodness

Post by Slowy »

I could so easily become a Doozy slut.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

I can't quite see on my phone. What are the two knobs behind the bigsby
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

AiRdAd wrote:I can't quite see on my phone. What are the two knobs behind the bigsby
The Captain and Chappers.

SimpleSi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 177 times
Been liked: 116 times

Post by SimpleSi »

AiRdAd wrote:I can't quite see on my phone. What are the two knobs behind the bigsby
Switches.

One on the right is like Gibson's bypass pull knob.
Ignores all the knobs and switching and does the bridge pickup straight to the output.

The one on the left in the photo is a coil split for the bridge pickup, with no volume drop

I can't see myself using the bypassing one. But the coil split is nice.

Have a listen to the audio I linked to my Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlKtAXplARM/

Quickly recorded with every pickup position etc
Instagram: @simonperssonmusic www.Simonperssonmusic.com
Guitars: Duesenberg Julia, DIY Duesenberg Walnut Caribou, DIY Custom Strat, Duesenberg Tom Bukovac Session man Starplayer TV, PRS SE Silver Sky, Maton ECW80C Acoustic, Duesenberg Paloma

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 519 times

Post by HackSaw »

I feel like a teen in the 80s again when all the boys were gaga over Claire, blonde haired girl next door hot, but I couldn’t for the life of me see the appeal. Now Becky, dark haired goth chick who wore Cure t-shirts...

Glad you’ve found a new love Simon! But I gotta say, not my cuppa and I feel strangely left out with a sense of “what’s wrong with me? Why don’t I get it?!”. Return of the teenage angst...

SimpleSi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by SimpleSi »

HackSaw wrote:I feel like a teen in the 80s again when all the boys were gaga over Claire, blonde haired girl next door hot, but I couldn’t for the life of me see the appeal. Now Becky, dark haired goth chick who wore Cure t-shirts...

Glad you’ve found a new love Simon! But I gotta say, not my cuppa and I feel strangely left out with a sense of “what’s wrong with me? Why don’t I get it?!”. Return of the teenage angst...
I find it beautifully ugly :lol: :clap:
Guitars: Duesenberg Julia, DIY Duesenberg Walnut Caribou, DIY Custom Strat, Duesenberg Tom Bukovac Session man Starplayer TV, PRS SE Silver Sky, Maton ECW80C Acoustic, Duesenberg Paloma

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

SimpleSi wrote:
HackSaw wrote:I feel like a teen in the 80s again when all the boys were gaga over Claire, blonde haired girl next door hot, but I couldn’t for the life of me see the appeal. Now Becky, dark haired goth chick who wore Cure t-shirts...

It has the 'mother of toilet seat' Italian vibe going on.

Si, the specs suggest these pickups are the same as your Starplayer, just re-packaged. Is that correct or do they sound different?
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

SimpleSi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by SimpleSi »

Slowy wrote:
SimpleSi wrote:

It has the 'mother of toilet seat' Italian vibe going on.

Si, the specs suggest these pickups are the same as your Starplayer, just re-packaged. Is that correct or do they sound different?
Same Neck p90, different bridge.

tonewood has made a big difference to it as well.

Starplayer is Spruce top and sides with Maple back (full hollow with centre block) - maple neck with Rosewood board

The Julia is Mahogany body with Maple cap on top, Same neck

I find the starplayer a bit more Hifi/TV Jones-esk and very acoustic sounding comparatively

The julia has more of a 59' Les Paul sort of Mid quack to it.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Just need a chev Bel air in the same colour and you're set!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

SimpleSi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by SimpleSi »

I've had 7 Doozy now

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

SimpleSi wrote:Image
Too much pickguard and not enough blue!

But good score Si.
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz