Bollocks.... I think I want a Kemper :-(

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Mini Forklift
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: Bollocks.... I think I want a Kemper :-(

Post by Mini Forklift »

Bg wrote:Hd500 just saying again...
How about an HD500 with a Katana? I'd imagine that could be quite the rabbithole :crazy:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Cab sims are shit tho', really comes alive with an external IR loader tho'!

Dunno if I'd get another now, the katana is killer and I could probably gig with just 4 patches anyway...
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

First impressions? Should've bought one ages ago. Could've saved myself endless amp trades and associated hassle.

I know I'm not hearing it at its best as it's being amplified through the return on the Suhr Badger 18 into a THD cab but for all that it sounds and feels great. All I've done so far is click through profiles and noodled a bit with different guitars here and there so I know I'm not even scratching the surface.

Will dig deeper when I get back from holiday. Just relieved to have it safely here. Cheers, casemysta.

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

Well, the second hand high end amp ecosystem's just collapsed then!
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

jeremyb wrote:
Cab sims are shit tho', really comes alive with an external IR loader tho'!

Dunno if I'd get another now, the katana is killer and I could probably gig with just 4 patches anyway...
Headrush /thread just saying ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 351 times

Post by WellyBlues »

slash-ed wrote:Well, the second hand high end amp ecosystem's just collapsed then!
Yeah, anyone who's bought a Two Rock or Friedman or Mesa etc will be shitting themselves since the Plan B has just evaporated.
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

Eruera
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Eruera »

Molly wrote:I know I'm not hearing it at its best as it's being amplified through the return on the Suhr Badger 18 into a THD cab but for all that it sounds and feels great.
To the contrary that type of setup was one of my favourite ways to run, it’s also how Michael Britt (TBUH) runs on tour.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Eruera wrote:
Molly wrote:I know I'm not hearing it at its best as it's being amplified through the return on the Suhr Badger 18 into a THD cab but for all that it sounds and feels great.
To the contrary that type of setup was one of my favourite ways to run, it’s also how Michael Britt (TBUH) runs on tour.
Interesting. I'll give it more thought. Anticipated I'd be buying a third party equivalent of the amp Kemper build into their powered heads.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

slash-ed wrote:Well, the second hand high end amp ecosystem's just collapsed then!
I wouldn't panic just yet. We all know Molly's "this is a keeper" only ends one way :rofl:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

Molly wrote:
Eruera wrote:
Interesting. I'll give it more thought. Anticipated I'd be buying a third party equivalent of the amp Kemper build into their powered heads.
I had one of these for my eleven rack and was plenty loud enough and didn’t colour my sound
https://www.musicplanet.co.nz/electro-h ... eramp.html

:)
:mental:

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

but.... stereo!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 737 times
Been liked: 511 times

Post by Zaulkin »

Eruera wrote:
Yup, Poweramp into a real cab is my preferred method.

Eruera
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Eruera »

Molly wrote:
Eruera wrote:
I had the Camplifier (I think that’s what it’s called) power amp module as well, was definitely lighter and more convenient than lugging around a valve amp but it really didn’t sound very different to going into the return of my Mesa.

Having never owned any of the high end amps I was Kempering my tonal reference was what I wanted to hear rather than an idealised notion of how xyz amp should sound. I tend to be happier with my tone that way as it’s easy to get caught up in how faithful the reproduction is and lose sight of whether it’s joyful to play and listen to .

chur
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 210 times

Post by chur »

Olderama wrote:
Molly wrote:
Eruera wrote:
I had one of these for my eleven rack and was plenty loud enough and didn’t colour my sound
https://www.musicplanet.co.nz/electro-h ... eramp.html

:)
Mooer baby bomb looks pretty good too in this small package size.
No one ever died of hard work.. but why take the risk..

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Eruera wrote:
Molly wrote:
Eruera wrote:
I had the Camplifier (I think that’s what it’s called) power amp module as well, was definitely lighter and more convenient than lugging around a valve amp but it really didn’t sound very different to going into the return of my Mesa.

Having never owned any of the high end amps I was Kempering my tonal reference was what I wanted to hear rather than an idealised notion of how xyz amp should sound. I tend to be happier with my tone that way as it’s easy to get caught up in how faithful the reproduction is and lose sight of whether it’s joyful to play and listen to .
My attitude exactly.

Thanks for the ideas, chaps.