Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Lostininverness
Gibson
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 136 times

Re: Kwila neck build

Post by Lostininverness »

Getting them dots in the right place can be pretty tricky! Are there going to be side dots?

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3862 times

Post by Bg »

Lostininverness wrote:Getting them dots in the right place can be pretty tricky! Are there going to be side dots?
Yep, there are on the blacky neck already, not sure what I'm doing on the rosewood yet.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

jvpp wrote:That rosewood and alu blinkers looks the biz!

Use a bit of real course sandpaper on the rosedustglue section to give it some artificial grain. Or if you keen use a scalpel to draw the grain lines.

Us, third grade guitar builders, always own up to mistakes and how we fix them. I am sure in the old days, the big dudes made as many mistakes, covered them up and sold them as if all were equally perfect.,.,.,
Yeah, all those messed up sunbursts resprayed a solid colour ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Number 1 neck is about finished, a little work to do and then I actually have a number 1 guitar - achievement unlocked, body made - check, neck made - check.
Number 2 neck is looking good and fretted, 12" radius rather than the compound radius of the other two. Side markers are brass tube again.
Number 3 neck is wanting to be glued, begging for it. Truss Rod is routed. Will glue tomorrow,.

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Post by Single coil »

lol but u dnt need a truss lmao XDDDDD

just kidding.
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.