Darth Sabbathi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 195 times
Been liked: 374 times

YouShop and CITES

Post by Darth Sabbathi »

Has anyone imported a rosewood guitar using YouShop? Is there a way to get a CITES permit? Is it necessary?

godgrinder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 594 times

Re: YouShop and CITES

Post by godgrinder »

So far it seems like the regulation is more on the sender's side than the receiver's. I've brought in non-rw guitar last year but there's no sign of the parcel being opened/checked.
Amps:
Soldano SLO100 x2 | Wizard MC1 & MC2 | Diezel Herbert
Fryette Pittbull CL | Marshall 2203KK | Krank Rev 50 | Mesa Mark 2A

Rack stuff:
VHT/Fryette GP3, GP/DI & 2/90/2 | Peters FSM/Chimera
Verellen Meatsmoke | Synergy SYN1 | Mesa Studio

Darth Sabbathi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Darth Sabbathi »

Interesting. I figure with YouShop, I'm kind of both sender and receiver.

There is an epic deal on Reverb - I'm tempted to just chance it...

Jellybelly
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 238 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Jellybelly »

I would be suss on sending it via youshop. They have opened all the bits I have had sent recently. Only takes one rocket scientist to go "isn't this rosewood?" and you are buggered. They are absolute pricks to deal with. No direct corospondence and if you talk to NZ Post they just say we do not have anything to do with it.
See if the seller will send it directly. That seems to work without any issue.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Darth Sabbathi wrote:Interesting. I figure with YouShop, I'm kind of both sender and receiver.

There is an epic deal on Reverb - I'm tempted to just chance it...
This is the last thread on the subject. Don't know if there's any info in there that's of use to you.

http://nzguitars.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... od#p775671

Darth Sabbathi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Darth Sabbathi »

Jellybelly wrote:I would be suss on sending it via youshop. They have opened all the bits I have had sent recently. Only takes one rocket scientist to go "isn't this rosewood?" and you are buggered. They are absolute pricks to deal with. No direct corospondence and if you talk to NZ Post they just say we do not have anything to do with it.
Good advice - I've had a couple of YouShop issues and they were indeed nightmarish to resolve.

I've asked if they'll ship direct, so will wait and see.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

Jellybelly wrote:I would be suss on sending it via youshop. They have opened all the bits I have had sent recently. Only takes one rocket scientist to go "isn't this rosewood?" and you are buggered. They are absolute pricks to deal with. No direct corospondence and if you talk to NZ Post they just say we do not have anything to do with it.
Me too - every package has been opened.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 376 times

Post by Dharmajester »

GrantB wrote:
I've had three items via Youshop. All opened and one repacked rather poorly.
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Hunter S. Thompson

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

GrantB wrote:
Ditto. And they really are nightmarish to deal with if something goes wrong. I still use them, but only if I can ensure that nothing goes awry. Pro tip- double check the package size before the US sender posts it to Youshop. My Jazzmaster got held up (and almost disposed of) because the sender put it in an enormous box that was outside Youshop's maximum dimensions. Eventually paid them to repack it, but it was haaaaaaaard work getting through to them to arrange it.

doppleganger
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by doppleganger »

I had no issues so far as Cites and rosewood is concerned but service is poor. I paid for the express delivery on one parcel but reached me for the same period as paying the standard shipping. I emailed them and gave me a 15% discount on next shipping which expired in 2months as I don't have any plans buying anything overseas.