Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Latest Feast From the Corpse of Hendrix

Post by Terexgeek »

https://www.jbhifi.co.nz/rock/both-side ... +Hotmail++

Latest attempt to squeeze out cash in the post recording profit era from the Hendrix estate or essential discoveries, building and extending the canon?

Released in two days.
Tin arse!!

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 352 times

Re: Latest Feast From the Corpse of Hendrix

Post by WellyBlues »

hmmm. I'm a Jimi fan, but... Haven't listened to the first 2 albums in the trilogy. It'll be interesting to see what the reviews are like.
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Terexgeek »

I am not sure that Hendrix himself would've wanted anyone to listen to it. He was fussy in the studio about what was released and I feel he would probably be disappointed in what has been officially and unofficially released.
Tin arse!!

kwhelan
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 93 times

Post by kwhelan »

I always thought hells and angels was fine, certainly familiar when you hear it

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 377 times

Post by Dharmajester »

Terexgeek wrote:I am not sure that Hendrix himself would've wanted anyone to listen to it. He was fussy in the studio about what was released and I feel he would probably be disappointed in what has been officially and unofficially released.
Back at the beginning of the 90's I was studio manager at a mastering facility in London. We had a bunch of newly remastered Hendrix material come through the doors for duplication. The original albums had all been put through the Sonic Solutions audio suite resulting in an ultra hi fi version with Hendrix guitar lifted out of the mix in stunning quality, every nuance clearly audible. The Polygram international manager asked me what I thought and I frankly replied that although it sounded astonishing in its clarity it was also utterly sterile and would I was certain cause Jimi to writhe in his grave. He agreed and a couple of days later I was woken in the middle of the night by Alan Douglas complaining that I had messed up what had been a very expensive project for him. A week later Polygram sent over all their stereo Hendrix mix tapes and we got to sift through them all, select the mixes and master the ' Jimi Hendrix, the ultimate experience' cd.
That guy has had his legacy raped and pillaged like no other.
I've a mate from a well known uk punk band who has an original Hendrix 24 track tape he lifted from the Polydor tape library in a bout of drunken mischief, can't remember what's on it.
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Hunter S. Thompson

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Terexgeek »

Dharmajester wrote:
Terexgeek wrote:I am not sure that Hendrix himself would've wanted anyone to listen to it. He was fussy in the studio about what was released and I feel he would probably be disappointed in what has been officially and unofficially released.
I've a mate from a well known uk punk band who has an original Hendrix 24 track tape he lifted from the Polydor tape library in a bout of drunken mischief, can't remember what's on it.
That's the holy grail right there, unless it turns out to be the soundtrack to Rainbow Bridge.
Tin arse!!

Clanger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Clanger »

Mmm love me some Jimi - keen for any content from the great man.
Make Music Great Again

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

My Dad recorded one of Jimi’s gigs back in the last 60’s but got his tape machine taken off him when he left. Same gig where Hendrix kicked him with his boot because my Dad was leaning over the stage trying to cop a look at his wah pedal. First time he had ever heard & seen one being used live!

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 352 times

Post by WellyBlues »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:My Dad recorded one of Jimi’s gigs back in the last 60’s but got his tape machine taken off him when he left. Same gig where Hendrix kicked him with his boot because my Dad was leaning over the stage trying to cop a look at his wah pedal. First time he had ever heard & seen one being used live!
Between getting kicked by Hendrix and accosting Iommi in the bog your old man's a real troublemaker! But he's got some great stories. A real music fan.
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 651 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

just sticking my head in to say that 'Feast from the Corpse of Hendrix' would be an excellent name for a satanist black metal band.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

bbrunskill wrote:just sticking my head in to say that 'Feast from the Corpse of Hendrix' would be an excellent name for a satanist black metal band.
I was thinking it would be a good title foe the next his master voice album
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

WellyBlues wrote:Between getting kicked by Hendrix and accosting Iommi in the bog your old man's a real troublemaker! But he's got some great stories. A real music fan.
He has some great stories, he’s been around the block a bit too in terms of playing and backing up bands. He’s played rhythm guitar on a couple of early Dire Straits songs, backed up The Tremolo’s/Ivy League/Manfred Mann among others and got to see all the early rock & blues bands firsthand in the 60’s and 70’s. His favourites from memory were Hendrix, Taste, Free and Focus. He’s cool to chat to over a few brews that’s for sure :-)

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 1398 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

Just watched Chappers two videos on Modes and they make a bit more sense now.
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...