meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 50 times

Re: New BOSS Products coming....

Post by KentNZ »

Conway wrote:
handsoffmatt wrote:NPD!!!! My new acoustic board

ImageUntitled by Matt Walsham, on Flickr
So this is how to get the "brown" sound!
Nice pedalboard :)

You do have to get good at removing plates from pedals, eventually, though. Tough work! :)

And really intrigued at the collaborations Boss has been making lately. Including the JHS one. I should go looking for reviews...
Larrivee 00 Acoustic. FAV Strat for electric. Ibanez SDGR5 for bass. Push for Ableton. When not doing that, 3D CAD for tunnels...

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

KentNZ wrote:
handsoffmatt wrote:
jeremyb wrote: Plus apparently he donates money to some world church of hate against LGBTQ peoples :(
https://www.jhspedals.com/jhs-supports-human-rights/
Thanks Matt. There's a lot of rumours out there about JHS, pretty nasty most of it, and I imagine 99% of it is false.
I'm sure it's just people making it up because they have nothing better to do :crazy:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

jeremyb wrote:
KentNZ wrote:
Thanks Matt. There's a lot of rumours out there about JHS, pretty nasty most of it, and I imagine 99% of it is false.
I'm sure it's just people making it up because they have nothing better to do :crazy:
Didn't know that this isn't the company John Hornby Skews that distributed music gear in the UK including a line of pedals. How confusing.

Visited the JHS place in Leeds more than once to get Charvel / Jackson gear. We were treated like rock stars.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

They're responsible for 'vintage' guitars too :).
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 519 times

Post by HackSaw »

jeremyb wrote:
KentNZ wrote:
Well he was playing (leading?) the worship gig at that crazy ass church, in 2012-13 as he says in his statement, so you can understand where people would have been upset at the time. Sounds like he is fully distanced from them now though.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

HackSaw wrote: I'm sure it's just people making it up because they have nothing better to do :crazy:
Well he was playing (leading?) the worship gig at that crazy ass church, in 2012-13 as he says in his statement, so you can understand where people would have been upset at the time. Sounds like he is fully distanced from them now though.[/quote]

Why would you even be associated with such a thing unless you believed in what they stood for? Stinks to me...
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by HackSaw »

Yeah, bit disingenuous to say, I just attended and volunteered, that's all. But, I'm sure we've all done dumb shit in the past. If he's moved on and disassociated himself then respect I guess.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

jeremyb wrote:
Why would you even be associated with such a thing unless you believed in what they stood for? Stinks to me...
never heard of evolving/growing up JB? ... you might even experience it yourself one day :rofl: .. :moresarc:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

willow13 wrote:
jeremyb wrote:
never heard of evolving/growing up JB? ... you might even experience it yourself one day :rofl: .. :moresarc:
I'm not a great believer in leopards changing their spots ;)

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

jeremyb wrote:
HackSaw wrote: I'm sure it's just people making it up because they have nothing better to do :crazy:
Well he was playing (leading?) the worship gig at that crazy ass church, in 2012-13 as he says in his statement, so you can understand where people would have been upset at the time. Sounds like he is fully distanced from them now though.
Why would you even be associated with such a thing unless you believed in what they stood for? Stinks to me...[/quote]

I guess people can change. Invar Kamprad, founder of IKEA, was once a member of the Hitler Youth but folk still flock to buy his funky chairs - he's long-since distanced himself from that sort of ideology. I guess people can be persuaded to buy into all sorts of crap (hence the congregation at every church everywhere ever). Just sayin'.... Probably just offended 90% of the forum :oops:

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

Molly wrote:
jeremyb wrote:
I guess people can change. Invar Kamprad, founder of IKEA, was once a member of the Hitler Youth but folk still flock to buy his funky chairs - he's long-since distanced himself from that sort of ideology. I guess people can be persuaded to buy into all sorts of crap (hence the congregation at every church everywhere ever). Just sayin'.... Probably just offended 90% of the forum :oops:[/quote]
Well I'm offended you brought up religion :rofl:
Oh yep I'm the 10 percenter
:mental:

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

I agree. Religion is the work of the devil.
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

Thread closed in 3,2,1...
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

You guys need to learn how to work the quotes haha
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by HackSaw »

Let's retract our comments even though I love 'em. And focus on the new BOSS products!

Matt - how much are those fancy Strandberg whatsits in Kiwi terms? Enough to bankrupt Conway if the blue one tickles his fancy? Or can normal folk afford them?