GrantB
ADMIN
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Re: Show us your pedalboard

Post by GrantB »

MakoGat wrote:Image
Nice - does the TM300 mean you can go straight into the desk?
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Sounds super awesome too!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

standardfour
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by standardfour »

Pretty massive QOTSA fan here, so the board reflects that....

JHS A/B > Boss TU3
JHS A/B > Dunlop QZ-1 > Fulltone Ultimate Octave > Hoof > Monsterpiece Stud > Catalinbread SFT

There's also a Magnetic Effects Bad Taste Fuzz between the A/B and the tuner but it's not currently in the chain, I just sometimes swap it in and it takes the place of the Hoof. I'm planning to remove the A/B and use the space to add a Silverpistol Judge at the end of the chain after the SFT.

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Post by Single coil »

Functional and relatively modest, given what my board/s used to look like 4 or 5 years ago pre-stupid meat in arms, with all 11 prongs on the daisy chain used up, hah.

As of now,

Guitar --> Bypass looper thing I built --> TU3 --> Amp
  • Loop 1: Old 1985 SD1
    Loop 2: Bass muff
Amp effects loop send --> GE7 --> DD20 --> Return

Black two button switch is for amp channel/boost (yeah, that switch :lol: ).
Pill box (rivets box) contains picks and earplugs.

Bass muff is true bypass and doesn't need to be in the looper; I built a two button because I figured I'll need it later given I want another wah at some stage. Should really build a 3 button one; explained below.

TU3 will not go in the looper because I quite like having the delay/reverb trails without the distinct true bypass click (which trails off with the delay). Maybe once I've figured out how to reduce that I'll build another looper in a smaller box with more resistors or whatever the trick is.

One buffer for every 20 foot of cable is supposed to do the job; coily cables are 20ft each so really I'm down one but whatever. Looper box thing gets rid of the whole tapdancing thing one has to do when the board's full as.

Coming soon:
  • A way to consolidate all 4 sodding cables running between board and amp. Thinking a bunch of cable ties will sort that out,
    Wah,
    Compressor?
    Flash reverb,
    Another looper, or simply a bigger one :mental: in satin black like the little switch box. I think it looks pretty tidy,
    Green cable for bass muff. Don't know where my last one went and having the wrong colour is bothering me. :problem:
Anyone know if these looper box things work in effects loops? I can't see a reason it shouldn't.
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

H671
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by H671 »

Single coil wrote:
Coming soon:
  • A way to consolidate all 4 sodding cables running between board and amp. Thinking a bunch of cable ties will sort that out,
!. Use a spirally cut garden hose to wind around the cables ( you can buy something similar from electrical suppliers.
2. Use old telephone spiral cables (or a broken spiral guitar lead) to do the same.
3. An ugly method is to use twist ties which can be undone & re-tied easily.
Epiphone Riviera P93 & EJ200CE, Hagstrom Viking Bass, Doubleneck bass/guitar.
Rivera Clubster 45, Carvin AG100D, Ashton BSK158.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Jaycar sell some webbing like cable cover stuff and you can put heatshrink on the ends to keep it tidy, this is what I've done for a number of years now, perfect for gigging, makes setup and take down really quick!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Single coil
BANNED

Post by Single coil »

jeremyb wrote:Jaycar sell some webbing like cable cover stuff and you can put heatshrink on the ends to keep it tidy, this is what I've done for a number of years now, perfect for gigging, makes setup and take down really quick!
omg pics
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Aquila Rossa »

My pedals sit on top of my amp. I am in a caravan, which I prefer to call a 'mobile studio' :D

Running the 808 clone as a slightly dirty boost into the Suhr Riot with low dist setting. That runs into either the clean channel of the Laney, or into a slightly crunchy rhythm channel, with both master volumes set to overdrive the amp. Amp has a nice boost, so sometimes use a bit of that too. Wee bit of drive from several sources stacked seems to work nice and give those harmonic overtones I crave. Still dynamic too and still cleans up just by tuirning the boost off and rolling back the gat volume. Adding a cab, phaser, delay, and reverb in Reaper. getting some sweet tones this way.

I also want to try running a fuzz into a DLS, then into the Laney clean. Add a vintage sounding phaser and echo and some drop acid :)

well, not the acid bit. Don;t need it. Already trippin'

Single coil
BANNED

Post by Single coil »

Fuzz before other dirt pedals hasn't worked for me, please report findings.

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Aquila Rossa »

Single coil wrote:Fuzz before other dirt pedals hasn't worked for me, please report findings.
Something like a DLS or Xotic SL Drive would just be to give the Laney more Marshall flavor and a slight bit of crunch, rather than using for lots of dirt. Fuzz can sound good into a driven amp that is breaking up.

Single coil
BANNED

Post by Single coil »

Maybe I'm just real good at buying amps that don't like fuzzes into the gain channel :lol:

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Aquila Rossa »

Single coil wrote:Maybe I'm just real good at buying amps that don't like fuzzes into the gain channel :lol:
You are a Vox guy huh? A MkII Tone Bender style into a Vox that is breaking up would work I would think?

Brian Wampler discusses fuzz into dirty here:

Single coil
BANNED

Post by Single coil »

I was a vox guy a while ago.
Prefer chunkier 6L6 drive sounds now.

MakoGat
Squier
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 115 times

Post by MakoGat »

MakoGat wrote:Image
Cool thing, my Vox effects is the last in my chain and the output jack can also be used for headphones, so I figured id give it a try so with power to all pedals sure enough I get to use all of them to practice.

Ive made some changes to this pedalboard to make more room for another pedal, lovin it!

SimonHirst
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 254 times

Post by SimonHirst »

Pedal board has had a proper shuffle for the first time in years. Just waiting for a Boss VB-2w to fill the last spot. Had an original one years ago and traded it for something idiotic... probably the only gear regret I have.
Really impressed by the Cathedral. Brought one because I'm needing a good plate reverb to recreate a fair bit of the album guitars. Check. Great pedal.