Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Re: New BOSS Products coming....

Post by willow13 »

handsoffmatt wrote:I already know what they are.... :lol: :P
:rofl: ... I have to say Boss really have stepped up and grabbed the guitar world by the balls recently, which is great because for me Boss is the leader in the field of guitar pedals given when I started playing Boss was one of the few companies you could buy pedals from...glad to see they aren't being left behind (like nokia when it comes to phones) :thumbup:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

can you ask them to sort out the whole expression pedal thing on the katana - 'You can control an effect such as Wah' nonsense, it currently only does wah. Whats the point of a whammy pedal fx if you can't control it? Its really holding me back from spending more on a controller. I don't usually jump on the firmware updates bandwagon, but this is a glaring issue.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

Bg wrote:
can you ask them to sort out the whole expression pedal thing on the katana - 'You can control an effect such as Wah' nonsense, it currently only does wah. Whats the point of a whammy pedal fx if you can't control it? Its really holding me back from spending more on a controller. I don't usually jump on the firmware updates bandwagon, but this is a glaring issue.
sounds like you need more floyds ..... again :rofl: :mrgreen:

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Aquila Rossa »

willow13 wrote:
:rofl: ... I have to say Boss really have stepped up and grabbed the guitar world by the balls recently, which is great because for me Boss is the leader in the field of guitar pedals given when I started playing Boss was one of the few companies you could buy pedals from...glad to see they aren't being left behind (like nokia when it comes to phones) :thumbup:
Innovate, but still do the classics. When I think Boss, the first thing that comes to mind is Chorus. They are the boss of chorus sounds imo (the benchmark to measure the others against).

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

willow13 wrote:
Bg wrote:
nah I need whammy pedal, and this has one in it, but can't be controlled with a pedal! wtf?

The GA wossname has two expression pedal inputs, one can be used for volume and one for effect such as Wah - which is currently ONLY wah... hence my latest lookings for an M13 or M9 because they do great whammy (along with everything else) happy to use the amp, just as an amp - because currently its a bit crippled by this and the lack of midi controllability. :(
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

handsoffmatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 244 times

Post by handsoffmatt »

Bg wrote:
Noted and fed back to the dev team
"Volume is tone" - EVH

Electrics: ESP/Fender/Gibson/.strandberg*/Godin/Washburn/Music Man/Knaggs/Squier/Vintage
Acoustic: Cole Clark/Godin/Takamine/Taylor
Amps: BOSS Katana Head / Friedman Smallbox

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

Aquila Rossa wrote:
Innovate, but still do the classics. When I think Boss, the first thing that comes to mind is Chorus. They are the boss of chorus sounds imo (the benchmark to measure the others against).
yeah the first thing I think of when it comes to boss is a flanger

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

willow13 wrote:
Aquila Rossa wrote:
sigh, JB where are you.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

Bg wrote:
willow13 wrote:
Aquila Rossa wrote:
sigh, JB where are you.
playing with his KOC :?: :wave:

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

willow13 wrote:
Bg wrote:
I'm actually floydless at the moment. To be fair, two strats have the wilkinson wave trem on, when set to float its actually awesome, flutter and everything. But I need floyd, its making me cross, I'm thinking of routing the psychocaster for a floyd, I even have two here needing a home... argh.

handsoffmatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 244 times

Post by handsoffmatt »

Aquila Rossa wrote: When I think Boss, the first thing that comes to mind is Chorus. They are the boss of chorus sounds imo (the benchmark to measure the others against).
I'd hope so...considering we invented the damn thing! :lol:
"Volume is tone" - EVH

Electrics: ESP/Fender/Gibson/.strandberg*/Godin/Washburn/Music Man/Knaggs/Squier/Vintage
Acoustic: Cole Clark/Godin/Takamine/Taylor
Amps: BOSS Katana Head / Friedman Smallbox

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

handsoffmatt wrote:
Bg wrote:
Noted and fed back to the dev team
No offense bro, but do you have that much sway with them? Seeming as its a common concern that has not been addressed yet? The midi functions are less than pathetic, I accept it as a great amp, but not as anything controllable :( Stupidly I went for midi on the head as I thought it would have much more control. Sad face :(

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

Bg wrote:
willow13 wrote:
Bg wrote:
I'm actually floydless at the moment. To be fair, two strats have the wilkinson wave trem on, when set to float its actually awesome, flutter and everything. But I need floyd, its making me cross, I'm thinking of routing the psychocaster for a floyd, I even have two here needing a home... argh.
your old tele is in a state of uncompleteness at the moment?? :mrgreen:

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

I think the tele/floyd thing is more a novely, hence me shifting it ;) Classic floyd rose strat was the best strat I owned. Ever.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Yeah agree about the expression pedal, should be assignable to any parameter like most modern effects units :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.