AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Re: Delay Dilemma

Post by AiRdAd »

Slowy, the easiest way to determine whats going on... is get her to try and replicate the sound on your gear, and you try to replicate it on her gear!

If shes says it 'me' not 'you' that is the problem, you know she's going to kick you out of the band! :-)
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

philly wrote:whats a "worship guitarist?"
One word description of someone with exactly the pedalboard you might imagine, who once or twice every week plays a high production value gig to 1000+ people and as a result, has great chops and is match fit.

Cool bandmate to have.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

If you like your delay sounds, but find the audio tapping on the Flashback too tricky, I can highly recommend the Flashback or Alter Ego X4. I bought one recently and love the shit out of it. 3 presets too!

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 410 times

Post by null_pointer »

bender wrote:If you like your delay sounds, but find the audio tapping on the Flashback too tricky, I can highly recommend the Flashback or Alter Ego X4. I bought one recently and love the shit out of it. 3 presets too!
+1 on the X4. I bought the FB X4 on release day, and if it weren't for the physical size I'd probably still have it - great sounding, easy to use and I found the looper probably the easiest of the ones I'd tried to that point bundled with a delay.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

null_pointer wrote: When you're playing in a band like Slowy is doing a bunch of songs from a variety of sources, not just one bands material tap tempo is a major plus.
This is the point. I often have to drop it into the drummer's timing. Also, with my other Band, we do Run Like Hell. I still haven't managed to nail it every time and cocking up a delay line is the most visible of mistakes. Stressful!
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

sizzlingbadger wrote:I thought the Flashback had a tap tempo via audio input from your guitar.
Not much use once everyone else is playing tho', sometimes one needs to adjust tempo on the fly, drummers or bass players drifting etc... :lol:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote:
One word description of someone with exactly the pedalboard you might imagine, who once or twice every week plays a high production value gig to 1000+ people and as a result, has great chops and is match fit.

Cool bandmate to have.
But you forgot to add that they play the most banal music imaginable on the nicest gear imaginable!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

jeremyb wrote:
Slowy wrote:

Cool bandmate to have.
But you forgot to add that they play the most banal music imaginable on the nicest gear imaginable!
Not with us, she don't.
Thought yeah, very nice gear.

philly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 126 times

Post by philly »

just googled the whole worship thing...
of course it's only right that they have all the best gear.. they are doing the lords work after all.

oh... and they don't pay any fuckin' tax.
“Millions long for immortality who don’t know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.”

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by null_pointer »

philly wrote:just googled the whole worship thing...
of course it's only right that they have all the best gear.. they are doing the lords work after all.

oh... and they don't pay any fuckin' tax.
Sorry, couldn't let that pass. Why the hell should a guitarist playing for free at a church pay tax for the nice gear they purchased themselves via whatever job they have (where they already paid tax)?? I don't know what your understanding of 'worship guitarist' is, but they're just people playing at a church, not 'player funded via ill-"past participle of get" gains'.
All this comment does is illuminate your own attitude towards churches. Don't take it out on the guitarist.

philly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 126 times

Post by philly »

null_pointer wrote:
All this comment does is illuminate your own attitude towards churches.
yes.
“Millions long for immortality who don’t know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.”

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1200 times
Been liked: 1398 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

The devil doesn't pay tax either apparently :twisted:
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

null_pointer wrote: Sorry, couldn't let that pass. Why the hell should a guitarist playing for free at a church pay tax for the nice gear they purchased themselves via whatever job they have (where they already paid tax)?? I don't know what your understanding of 'worship guitarist' is, but they're just people playing at a church, not 'player funded via ill-"past participle of get" gains'.
All this comment does is illuminate your own attitude towards churches. Don't take it out on the guitarist.
Um... think we agree here but I'm not entirely sure .... I have no relationship with the christian god; we parted ways decades ago. However I have no problem with whatever path Folks choose to walk.
I've already paid tax on every bit of gear I own and I pay tax on everything it earns; just the way it is, soooo..... what exactly are you saying?

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

sizzlingbadger wrote:The devil doesn't pay tax either apparently :twisted:
But apparently, he has all the good music.

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by null_pointer »

Slowy wrote:
null_pointer wrote: Sorry, couldn't let that pass. Why the hell should a guitarist playing for free at a church pay tax for the nice gear they purchased themselves via whatever job they have (where they already paid tax)?? I don't know what your understanding of 'worship guitarist' is, but they're just people playing at a church, not 'player funded via ill-"past participle of get" gains'.
Um... think we agree here but I'm not entirely sure .... I have no relationship with the christian god; we parted ways decades ago. However I have no problem with whatever path Folks choose to walk.
I've already paid tax on every bit of gear I own and I pay tax on everything it earns; just the way it is, soooo..... what exactly are you saying?
I was referring to Phillys comment which implied your guitarist (being a worship guitarist) got her gear tax free because she plays at church. Play the ball, not the man in other words. She got stung as hard as any of us for her purchases, there wasn't some sort of exemption applied due to it's destined use.