Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by codedog »

jeremyb wrote:
Mattallica wrote:
I had been keen on them in the past, have played thru one at a jam, pretty cool amps, but after a combo again this time round :)
Fair 'nough, what size combo?
Kinda deliberating at the moment, used to have an AC15, but thinking now of a 4-5W one with a 8" - 12" speaker, spoilt for choice! :mental:
There was a Chinese copy of a Fender on TM recently... was relisted at least twice. A wee tweed one.

Mattallica
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 558 times
Been liked: 175 times

Post by Mattallica »

Kinda deliberating at the moment, used to have an AC15, but thinking now of a 4-5W one with a 8" - 12" speaker, spoilt for choice! :mental:
You sure are :lol: i wouldn't know where to start. Are you going for Fender clean/break up?
There was a Chinese copy of a Fender on TM recently... was relisted at least twice. A wee tweed one.
It's the same guy i bought the Fender Champ & Ibanez RG off. The amp is a Mannix Classic 5

Polar Bear
Burns BHM
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 342 times

Post by Polar Bear »

jeremyb wrote:
Mattallica wrote:
I had been keen on them in the past, have played thru one at a jam, pretty cool amps, but after a combo again this time round :)
I think it's really worth checking out the Vox AC10, lightweight, great tone and not silly money. :)
Zephyr - Wellington's Leading Covers Band

http://zephyrband.co.nz/
https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrBandNZ

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

jeremyb wrote:Fender Champ.
Champ's cheap as chips innit?
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Polar Bear wrote:
jeremyb wrote:
Mattallica wrote:
I think it's really worth checking out the Vox AC10, lightweight, great tone and not silly money. :)
Mmm it's of interest for sure, but I kinda wonder if the AC4C1-12 might be a better option?, it's just for bedroom use really :mental:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Post by codedog »

jeremyb wrote:
Polar Bear wrote:
jeremyb wrote:
Mmm it's of interest for sure, but I kinda wonder if the AC4C1-12 might be a better option?, it's just for bedroom use really :mental:
I can vouch for the AC4-12, tasty bit of kit! I did wonder how it compared to the 10" version though. All in all it's a really it was a really nice, and surprisingly loud, guitar+cable+amp setup at home. You should give one a whirl JB. Let me know if you're checking out Vox amps, Musicplanet is not far from my office :D

Polar Bear
Burns BHM
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 342 times

Post by Polar Bear »

jeremyb wrote:
I'd strongly recommend the AC10 over the 4. There is a boxiness to the AC4 that never goes away, even with the larger cab of the 4. The 10 is bigger sounding, without necessarily being louder.
Zephyr - Wellington's Leading Covers Band

http://zephyrband.co.nz/
https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrBandNZ

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Aquila Rossa »

Catalinbread pedals. I want most of them. The tweed ones. The plate and spring reverb pedals. Belle Epoch. The Kat King. RAH, DLS, Sabbra, etc, etc.

Mattallica
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Mattallica »

Catalinbread pedals. I want most of them. The tweed ones. The plate and spring reverb pedals. Belle Epoch. The Kat King. RAH, DLS, Sabbra, etc, etc.
I'm keen on a Kat King too. Tempted by the 2nd hand one on trademe... There's a Sabba' pedal too

Dano_NZ
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 196 times

Post by Dano_NZ »

Gibson ES-275. Needs a Bigsby, but I'd love to give one a whirl.

Mattallica
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Mattallica »

Lovely colour, and P90's too. Look at that olde time insignia!

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Once I get some money back in the bank account I'm gonna need a cab of some sort, probably a 2x12. Not much to get excited about I know, but needs before wants and all that blah.

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Aquila Rossa »

Mattallica wrote:
I'm keen on a Kat King too. Tempted by the 2nd hand one on trademe... There's a Sabba' pedal too
I like look of both those pedals. Kat King can do Tone bender but a lot more to boot. Every demo of Sabbra Cadabra has sounded awesome. Belle Epoch too.

I was about to buy a whole bunch of pedal and had my cart ready to go at pro Guitar Shop when I discovered both my interface and monitors both unexpectedly need replacing. Bummed out. Need to shift this Eleven Rack as it did not work out as an interface. jst a matter of time I guess and I can go pedal shopping, unless my computer shits itself too :D

Mattallica
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Mattallica »

I like look of both those pedals. Kat King can do Tone bender but a lot more to boot. Every demo of Sabbra Cadabra has sounded awesome. Belle Epoch too.

I was about to buy a whole bunch of pedal and had my cart ready to go at pro Guitar Shop when I discovered both my interface and monitors both unexpectedly need replacing. Bummed out. Need to shift this Eleven Rack as it did not work out as an interface. jst a matter of time I guess and I can go pedal shopping, unless my computer shits itself too :D
Bummer indeed, at least now you'll have time to find the best prices for the pedals. Unless of course the computer does the shitting too. Then nothing!

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 410 times

Post by null_pointer »

I wouldn't exactly call it GAS, but I do need to pick up an L3T and a bag for the Helix at some stage.