Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by Slowy »

GrantB wrote:Line 6 M13 - super awesome price from the Rock Shop!
Thought you already had one?
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

Slowy wrote:
I've got an M9 which is small and good for gigs. In the office I have a tangle of pedals...so this will usually reside there replacing many.

I may swap them as the M13 could almost run all my needs from two scenes. Depends on size.

Plus, I can throw the M13 in the car for gigs having backed up all the patches on the M9 to it. I need that redundancy because the L6 units have let me down in the past :thumbdown:

Same price as an M9!!!!!
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 376 times

Post by Dharmajester »

GrantB wrote:
Slowy wrote:
I've got an M9 which is small and good for gigs. In the office I have a tangle of pedals...so this will usually reside there replacing many.

I may swap them as the M13 could almost run all my needs from two scenes. Depends on size.

Plus, I can throw the M13 in the car for gigs having backed up all the patches on the M9 to it. I need that redundancy because the L6 units have let me down in the past :thumbdown:

Same price as an M9!!!!!
All those cool guitars and handmade tube amps and you go and stick a bloody digital multi effect in between them. I dunno, you young (er) folk :yawn:
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Hunter S. Thompson

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

Dharmajester wrote:
All those cool guitars and handmade valve amps and you go and stick a bloody digital multi effect in between them. I dunno, you young (er) folk :yawn:
That's what a M13 looks like....but really, it's something else. I'll prove it soon....if Mr B lets me.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

GrantB wrote:
Dharmajester wrote:
All those cool guitars and handmade valve amps and you go and stick a bloody digital multi effect in between them. I dunno, you young (er) folk :yawn:
That's what a M13 looks like....but really, it's something else. I'll prove it soon....if Mr B lets me.

See Grant? He called you young(er).

You can let go of the Nels Cline comparison now. :D
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

Slowy wrote:
GrantB wrote:
Dharmajester wrote:

See Grant? He called you young(er).

You can let go of the Nels Cline comparison now. :D
So funny - I was laughing to myself about that just the other day! Off the hook Bruce.... :D

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

GrantB wrote: So funny - I was laughing to myself about that just the other day! Off the hook Bruce.... :D
Then again, both of you have really nice Jazzmasters. :think:

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

Dharmajester wrote:All those cool guitars and handmade valve amps and you go and stick a bloody digital multi effect in between them. I dunno, you young (er) folk :yawn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGWPFcr6en4

Youtube embedding sucks.

My crap tired playing...but you get the idea. I have lots of analogue vintage pedals, and I like vintage tones....and this thing does...vintage tones.

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 446 times
Been liked: 384 times

Post by dayl »

I purchased that rehoused Keely mod 808 that was on TM.

Looking forward to it :)

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 376 times

Post by Dharmajester »

GrantB wrote:
Dharmajester wrote:All those cool guitars and handmade valve amps and you go and stick a bloody digital multi effect in between them. I dunno, you young (er) folk :yawn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGWPFcr6en4

Youtube embedding sucks.

My crap tired playing...but you get the idea. I have lots of analogue vintage pedals, and I like vintage tones....and this thing does...vintage tones.
Lols Mike Hermans, GrantB, Pete Thorn and all those Youtube guys make everything sound good..
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Hunter S. Thompson

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

freq.jpeg
freq.jpeg (13.78 KiB) Viewed 2654 times
Shipping notification received!

Was so long ago now, I don't remember why I bought it.... :think:

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

I have a Boss Katana 212 combo put aside with my name on it at my local Rockshop :-)

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

Slowy wrote:
freq.jpeg

It was because you wanted to be an early adopter for once...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:I have a Boss Katana 212 combo put aside with my name on it at my local Rockshop :-)
Possible first dibs if you Molly it! :mrgreen:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Bg wrote:
Slowy wrote:
freq.jpeg

It was because you wanted to be an early adopter for once...
Did I? Um... OK.