Show us your Lesters!!!

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Re: Show us your Lesters!!!

Post by olegmcnoleg »

You are welcome Ben. And just to make up for that, I'll buy your Jenson speaker.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

GrantB wrote:Back on topic.

This one got away...'56 to replace my '56.

Yes! That's very cool.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

The proportions of a Les Paul make for a prettier guitar than the 'P'R'S' [Bg's been at it again] SC shape but I've yet to come across a LP, Custom Shop or otherwise, that was as well put together as my 'run of the mill' 'P'R'S. There's always a: "FFS - Could they not have done a better job on that?" moment.

The stripey tops are as nice or as vulgar (take your pick) on a Gibson as they are on a 'P'R'S.

This R9 is no longer mine. It's owned by another forum member.

Last edited by Molly on Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

bender
Darth Fader

Post by bender »

olegmcnoleg wrote:You are welcome Ben. And just to make up for that, I'll buy all three of your excess speakers.
Good man.

bender
Darth Fader

Post by bender »

Molly wrote: This ... is no longer mine. It's owned by another forum member.
I think that goes without saying.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

at it again? moi?
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by olegmcnoleg »

bender wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote:You are welcome Ben. And just to make up for that, I'll buy all three of your excess speakers for the agreed price of $60
Good man.

bender
Darth Fader

Post by bender »

olegmcnoleg wrote:
bender wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote:You are welcome Ben. And just to make up for that, I'll buy all three of your excess speakers for the agreed price of $600
Good man.
Thanks! Very generous of you!

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by olegmcnoleg »

bender wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote: You are welcome Ben. And just to make up for that, I'll buy all three of your excess speakers and all your guitars and amps for the agreed price of $600
bender wrote:
Good man.
Thanks! Very generous of you!
No, no, it is you who deserve the thanks Ben

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1352 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

Molly wrote:'P'R'S' [Bg's been at it again]
The only reason I suggested a "word filter" is that an "eye filter", or even a "taste filter" is currently unavailable on the site platform, and implementing those at an individual level would be cost prohibitive, with quite a lot of travel involved.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

faceless
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by faceless »

GrantB wrote:Just on faceless' R8, those earlier double stained tops have a certain thing going on. I know they're technically not correct for the RI's, but that process really does make for some super 3D effect!

Spot on, the '50's burst did not even have these ridiculously figured tops, I guess CS builders learn as the go. But then again, they have been robbing people blind with a year by year historically correct changes. From plastics to neck angle to tuner tips. I doubt they'd add a braz board soon or in the next 50 years. While there's a long prohibition on this rare tonewood, there's always this:

https://historicmakeovers.com/

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by sirvill »

Yeah... bloody period correct plastic

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

GrantB wrote:
Molly wrote:'P'R'S' [Bg's been at it again]
The only reason I suggested a "word filter" is that an "eye filter", or even a "taste filter" is currently unavailable on the site platform, and implementing those at an individual level would be cost prohibitive, with quite a lot of travel involved.
to be fair, somebody else suggested it and I'm easily led. Its a peer pressure thing.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1352 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

faceless wrote:
GrantB wrote:Just on faceless' R8, those earlier double stained tops have a certain thing going on. I know they're technically not correct for the RI's, but that process really does make for some super 3D effect!

Spot on, the '50's burst did not even have these ridiculously figured tops, I guess CS builders learn as the go. But then again, they have been robbing people blind with a year by year historically correct changes. From plastics to neck angle to tuner tips. I doubt they'd add a braz board soon or in the next 50 years. While there's a long prohibition on this rare tonewood, there's always this:

Or just buy vintage!

Thinking about go fund me page for such a purchase. Seeing as how people can raise like $1.22M for their cats knee operation, or to help find a lost bracelet, it should go well.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

faceless
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by faceless »

GrantB wrote:
faceless wrote:

Or just buy vintage!

Thinking about go fund me page for such a purchase. Seeing as how people can raise like $1.22M for their cats knee operation, or to help find a lost bracelet, it should go well.
Great idea :thumbup:

And if they'd ask why, you just tell them, you're paying it forward! :angel: