MrDINO
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 92 times

Re: Show us your whole setup....

Post by MrDINO »

Molly wrote:This is it. No changes planned! Well, I'm selling a Strat, and the Blankenship, and a 412 but besides that, no changes planned. ;-)

Had a Hamer special years ago...really nice guitar just couldn't get used to the neck profile. The Strat looks cool and P90 on the LP a winner imho.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Thewilltopowerrock wrote: Nice! What's the Strat?
The red one's a CS '66 and the white's a CS '60. Like chalk and cheese, honestly.
MrDINO wrote: Had a Hamer special years ago...really nice guitar just couldn't get used to the neck profile. The Strat looks cool and P90 on the LP a winner imho.
I watched a few videos showing the guys at Hamer putting these together. I honestly don't think a guitar could be any better made or could have greater attention to detail. I bought it 'new old stock' for just $2,001 inc. shipping. Feels like the bargain of the century to me. It was intended as a replacement for my R9 insomuch as I wanted a maple-capped mahogany two humbucker guitar but it's not really. It weighs 7.8 lbs so is lighter than most Les Pauls even though its got a good size neck (tends to be neck heavy so I've had to reverse my strap with the grippy side down). I'd say it's probably somewhere between a Les Paul and an SG tonally speaking. It's got Seymour Duncan '59s which are OK but I'd happily replace them with BK Mules or some such.

MrDINO
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by MrDINO »

Molly wrote:
Thewilltopowerrock wrote: Nice! What's the Strat?
The red one's a CS '66 and the white's a CS '60. Like chalk and cheese, honestly.
MrDINO wrote: Had a Hamer special years ago...really nice guitar just couldn't get used to the neck profile. The Strat looks cool and P90 on the LP a winner imho.
I watched a few videos showing the guys at Hamer putting these together. I honestly don't think a guitar could be any better made or could have greater attention to detail. I bought it 'new old stock' for just $2,001 inc. shipping. Feels like the bargain of the century to me. It was intended as a replacement for my R9 insomuch as I wanted a maple-capped mahogany two humbucker guitar but it's not really. It weighs 7.8 lbs so is lighter than most Les Pauls even though its got a good size neck (tends to be neck heavy so I've had to reverse my strap with the grippy side down). I'd say it's probably somewhere between a Les Paul and an SG tonally speaking. It's got Seymour Duncan '59s which are OK but I'd happily replace them with BK Mules or some such.
https://goo.gl/images/f4BstR
I remember listening to this guy before I bought mine to make sure the tones were there.

SimonHirst
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 254 times

Post by SimonHirst »

We put together a five piece band for a bit of fun tonight at The Helm in Hamilton. All Blacks vs Pumas is at the stadium which is about 3-4mins walk so it will be a pretty busy gig I'd guess. Some of the other guys playing are freakishly good multi-instrumentists so we've setup the usuals (Drums, bass, acoustic and electric guitars) but also set up a Roland vr700 keyboard for some nice Hammond, and mics for both percussion (not setup yet) and saxophone. It will, at very least, be a cacophony of noise...

Oh, and it features our new Pak'N'Save carpark backdrop...

Also a congratulations to Grantb who's TS808 has finally knocked off the Cusack Screamer after about 6 years. Bottle of red to you sir.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

SimonHirst wrote:
That pic just makes me want beer. I think it's the sunshine and the beer shade.

SimonHirst
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by SimonHirst »

Well, I wouldn't want to discourage you...

SimonHirst
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by SimonHirst »

note: subliminal beer advertising worked

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

SimonHirst wrote:Also a congratulations to Grantb who's TS808 has finally knocked off the Cusack Screamer after about 6 years. Bottle of red to you sir.
:mental: Nooooo!!!!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

SimonHirst
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by SimonHirst »

Bg wrote:
SimonHirst wrote:Also a congratulations to Grantb who's TS808 has finally knocked off the Cusack Screamer after about 6 years. Bottle of red to you sir.
:mental: Nooooo!!!!
I know. I feel like a bit of a cop out.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

808's are awesome, still have fond memories of my Fuzzie Bro 808 I parted with a long time ago :(
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 928 times

Post by Reg18 »

These are rubbish photos but you get the idea.
Only posting as it just all sounded so good this morning, kinda having second thoughts about selling the Red Llama because it worked really well, as did the Cloud 9 verb for that matter. Struggling for space though as you clearly see.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Reg18 wrote:These are rubbish photos but you get the idea.
Did you see that Tele on TM? Dead-ringer for your one.

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 928 times

Post by Reg18 »

Molly wrote:
Reg18 wrote:These are rubbish photos but you get the idea.
Did you see that Tele on TM? Dead-ringer for your one.
Yeah I did, he copied the same design obviously.

Mr Davison
Squier
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Mr Davison »

Very rare to have all my amps & cabs at home as I leave a full setup at one rehearsal room & a cabinet at another.
rsz_20161025_221208.jpg
rsz_20161025_214529.jpg
My guitar room is my happy place, serious volume makes it even better. And the gats....
rsz_20161025_215646.jpg
The only piece of gear that isn't used live is my 5 watt Randall head.
Sonic mayhem unleashed

Darth Sabbathi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 195 times
Been liked: 374 times

Post by Darth Sabbathi »

Mr Davison wrote: The only piece of gear that isn't used live is my 5 watt Randall head.
Epic! So do you mean the Marshall, the Mesa, the Bogner and the Splawn all have different live applications, or do you use them all at the same time? The former is probably the sensible answer, but the latter would be utterly legendary! :mental: