Scarecrow101 on TradeMe

SimpleSi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 177 times
Been liked: 116 times

Re: Line6 Heeeeeelix!

Post by SimpleSi »

stuu wrote:ive had mine since early Jan and still keep my patches VERY simple. Most complex thing i do now is splitting off a separate path the the 1/4' outs without the cab/IR so i have patches versatile enough to run into backline FX returns when needed.

This means i have to keep delays/verbs before the cab/IR... but that's no real drama.

I think i got that trick from Si actually, who does it to introduce another amp direct to FOH. Different application, same trick. GOOD TRICK.
Great for using an actual amp AND a digital amp.
Instagram: @simonperssonmusic www.Simonperssonmusic.com
Guitars: Duesenberg Julia, DIY Duesenberg Walnut Caribou, DIY Custom Strat, Duesenberg Tom Bukovac Session man Starplayer TV, PRS SE Silver Sky, Maton ECW80C Acoustic, Duesenberg Paloma

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Or to capture a DI track for re-amping :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

jeremyb wrote:Or to capture a DI track for re-amping :)
The awesomeness of this can't be overstated.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

bender wrote:
You can even do it with the HD500, dual amp path setup with no amp on one of the paths, and then you pan one hard left at the mixer, the other one hard right, works a treat!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

jeremyb wrote:
bender wrote:
You can even do it with the HD500, dual amp path setup with no amp on one of the paths, and then you pan one hard left at the mixer, the other one hard right, works a treat!
You can even do it with an actual amp and any DI that has a thru!

stuu
PRS McCarty
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by stuu »

stuu wrote:Don't monitor from the headphone output. Such a huge difference, it's awful and IMO the only let down of the device.

Hopefully this gets dealt to now that snapshots and editor are off the backlog
SimpleSi wrote:
stuu wrote:ive had mine since early Jan and still keep my patches VERY simple. Most complex thing i do now is splitting off a separate path the the 1/4' outs without the cab/IR so i have patches versatile enough to run into backline FX returns when needed.

This means i have to keep delays/verbs before the cab/IR... but that's no real drama.

I think i got that trick from Si actually, who does it to introduce another amp direct to FOH. Different application, same trick. GOOD TRICK.
Great for using an actual amp AND a digital amp.
I think this is the solution to the degradation i've experienced: if the PHONES monitor is set to multi by default then i'm getting a blend of two paths (with a cab/IR and on without) so would make sense that i'm getting all sorts of phase issues.
PlukkyBoy wrote:My ability as a guitar player is easily outstripped by my abilities as a guitar buyer

MattAnt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by MattAnt »

Still keen to hear your patches peeps, even if they are simple :)
Scarecrow101 on TradeMe

stuu
PRS McCarty

Post by stuu »

Will put them up on custom tone once they've been roadtested at band volume
PlukkyBoy wrote:My ability as a guitar player is easily outstripped by my abilities as a guitar buyer

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

In a band situation where your going to FOH, where do you guys like to set your own monitor up? Behind you like a regular amp or in front of you like the singers monitors? How does the rest of the band get on as far as hearing your guitar?
Loving it so far

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

StratMatt88 wrote:In a band situation where your going to FOH, where do you guys like to set your own monitor up? Behind you like a regular amp or in front of you like the singers monitors? How does the rest of the band get on as far as hearing your guitar?
I have mine to the side of me, pointing across the stage, our other guitarist is usually doing the same so we get a decent mix of each other like this :)

I can never hear squat from the foldbacks so I tend to rely on stage volume :)

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

jeremyb wrote:
StratMatt88 wrote:In a band situation where your going to FOH, where do you guys like to set your own monitor up? Behind you like a regular amp or in front of you like the singers monitors? How does the rest of the band get on as far as hearing your guitar?
I have mine to the side of me, pointing across the stage, our other guitarist is usually doing the same so we get a decent mix of each other like this :)

Good to know, thanks :thumbup:

I know when I turn up to practise with a floor unit and a monitor the guys will be very sceptical indeed!
Loving it so far

stuu
PRS McCarty

Post by stuu »

For rehearsal I'll be standing my L3 up on end where i used to place my halfstack.

For shows i might just rely on FOH. We typically only play at Backbeat which has excellent stage monitoring. Will try that first and maybe bring the L3 for side-fill if absolutely needed. Although the prospect of "shows" are all but fairy tales at the moment so it's all hypothetical :)

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

StratMatt88 wrote:
jeremyb wrote:

Good to know, thanks :thumbup:

I know when I turn up to practise with a floor unit and a monitor the guys will be very sceptical indeed!
At the gig last Saturday I put my IRT-X in wedge position in front of me. I've never been happier with my ability to hear myself through the night.

At practice I usually just put it kind of in the corner and everyone can hear me except the drummer haha.
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

SimpleSi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 177 times
Been liked: 116 times

Post by SimpleSi »

We have a silent stage setup.

So we're all IEM
Instagram: @simonperssonmusic www.Simonperssonmusic.com
Guitars: Duesenberg Julia, DIY Duesenberg Walnut Caribou, DIY Custom Strat, Duesenberg Tom Bukovac Session man Starplayer TV, PRS SE Silver Sky, Maton ECW80C Acoustic, Duesenberg Paloma